Geekified Sexiness... and work appropriate too.

SDC15108

SDC15110
SDC15116
dress: F21 :: lace tights: the depths of my closet :: blue tank: F21::
belt: Urban Outfitters:: shoes: Madden Girl:: necklace: Icing
SDC15120

SDC15123


My outfit of the day is inspired by my favorite Mad Men star, Christina Hendricks. People ask me how I am able to watch and enjoy that show because of the portrayal of women. I'm not bothered by it. I realize that it's a painful truth that's part of our societal past, but for me, (I can only speak for myself) the show offers a refreshing escape from the present. Plus, most of the time, the fashion is what I'm really focused on anyway. (That's not true. Well, maybe it is. Kinda)

Back to Christina:

via
One cannot deny it-- this woman oozes sexiness, a concept that is extremely foreign to me. I am geeky, kinda clumsy, really awkward, most of the time clueless, and at best, SCRAPPY (seriously, one of my colleagues told me that "scrappy" was my adjective). But I can always aspire to emulate. I threw in my curves, some lace, a little color, and my messily curled hair in the mix. I'm pretty pleased.

Makeup-wise, I thought to keep it at the minimum (since my hair was already poofy): bronzed lids with a dark brown winged liner, light mascara, and a dark berry lip. Stylishly ready for a work-filled day. (Plus, I feel pretty ♥)

22 comments:

  1. This looks great, totally emphasizes your hourglass shape! You should wear these shapes more often!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should be pleased you look hot girlfriend! and i heart christina hendricks :)! so happy america is warming up to that fact that real woman have curves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look Fabulous ! I Love every piece of this outfit, especially the belt and lace tights. You are Great at accessorizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you hot stuff! I love the Madmen inspiration and it totally comes through in the look - geekified sexiness indeed.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tights, and the red jacket is phenomenal!

    <3 steffy
    steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you nailed sexy with your outfit. I really love your coat, and lace leggings. I have tried winged liner so many times, and I always end up with an eyeliner mess. It looks really good on you.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so lovely <333
    i LOVE the colour of the coat! :DD

    Rosie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmhhhhhh, *snap *snap* WORK IT, WORK IT.

    the hubs must be happy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great source of inspiration. She's a gorgeous lady!
    I love your haircut so much! It's wonderful!
    And the dress belted is just a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red coat!

    www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing in this outfit! I am in love with those tights and that wonderful coat!! That coat is the most perfect color for you, I love it .:)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the jacket and the tights!

    ReplyDelete
  13. like everyone already said-- christina hendricks is one hot lil lady!
    i really love your look! That coat is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great Laura!!! I really love the way you accentuate your waist lately with the belt!! Sexy and hotness is in the AIR!!!!
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look wonderful here! one of my favorite outfits of yours.

    http://ilovemochi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are looking good!! When I scrolled down and saw the red coat, I was like "dangg"! :) I really love this outfit! & I want to watch Mad Men sooo badly, the era and style is so fascinating to me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look fantastic! I love the shape that dress and belt give you, it reeks of sexiness, in a good way! I also like how you paired it with lace tights, it adds a bit of modernity to the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aahh, that is a fantastic coat. And really, so is the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christina os fab, apparently she's the new face of Vivienne Westwood :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. cute outfit! And the red color of that coat looks amazing on you! :)

    - www.itsanewkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the whale toy banner you have on your page.

    And also, that red coat~!!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥