These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

These days, I always look like I'm thinking. Don't be fooled. I like to play pretend.
Hi lovies! It's been a while, I know. Thank you, all, for the beautiful words you shared in my last post. I really appreciate all the support! I have only been blogging for a few months, and I have already met a lot of wonderful people. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am still working on a lot of writing, so I really haven't gotten dressed up. Thus, the lack of photos and blog posts the past few days. I should be caught up soon, so I'll have an update for you all!

In the meantime...

The lovely Rosie tagged me to do this 10 things post.

Rules:
1) State who gave you this award in your post
2) State 10 things that you love 
3) Give this award to 10 other bloggers, listing them at the end of the post, and notify them with a lovely comment :)

1. books 
I go weak when I come upon a well-stocked used book shop. My husband and I like to look for used book stores and spend hours perusing musty books. Romantic, I know. I love yellowed pages (as long as they're not food stains), old hardcovers, and obscure titles. 

2. cosmetics
I never wore makeup until my sophomore year in undergrad. But from then on, I was hooked. I love trying all sorts of colors and styles. Lately, I find myself drawn to different shades of bold lip color.

3. Pretty Food
Ok, so I like food, period. Well-prepared and pretty-looking food, to be exact. 

4. Cooking
I love cooking (and I'm a big fan of D.V.T too!) It's a relaxing activity that's also very rewarding for me. I rarely eat out or eat takeaway. I like to know what goes in my food and how it's made. I also feel like food tastes more delicious if I make it. 

5. Romance
No matter how tough I try to make myself look like, I am, in reality, a real softie and a true romantic. I melt when serenaded with beautiful words (in rhyme, please) and hyperbolic promises. UGH.

6. Comic Books
I spend so much time and money on comics, my love for them borders on the ridiculous. 

7. Statement Pieces
I don't have that many pieces of jewelry, but I do have a lot of huge, chunky, gaudy pieces that I wear sporadically to spice up an outfit. I am a huge lover of skull jewelry pieces as well, much to the chagrin of my mom...

8. Manga as Fashion Inspiration
My favorite series are those drawn and written by Ai Yazawa. I find myself sartorially-inspired by her crisp, long, detailed, and fashionable characters.

9. Roses
They are my favorite kind of flower. Kind of cliche, but oh well. I like antique roses the best. 

10. Water
My drink of choice is a tall, cold glass of H2O. A spritz of lemon makes it a delightful summer treat.

10 people
1. Courtney- Sartorial Sidelines
2. Steph- Minnesota Maven
5. Thomessa- Psychedelic Anemone
8. Mochi- I love Mochi
10. Vanessa- My Heart Blogged

*All photos via we heart it

  

23 comments:

  1. These are Great photos! I also Love Pretty food. That is something I Love so much about Japanese culture. We do a lot of shopping at the Asian market and the food is packaged pretty too. I am a sucker for cute packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely tag! I really really hope those are your skull rings. I love them. If I had things they went with I'd buy them up in a heartbeat! I'm also a sucker for skulls, I throw them in inconspicuously. I have delicate skull earrings, skull socks, and a sadly ruined skull necklace. I also love books! I love getting to know you better, we have so many commonalities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tag Laura! I love roses and big chunky rings too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute blog ;)
    beatiful photos ;)

    kisses :
    http://kasisa15.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me just say how much I LOVE those glasses on you again! & your list is really good, & I sort of freaked out when I saw the photo of Nana from the anime, I was so obsessed when I watched it for the first time! & I also love the style of characters in mangas and animes, it's either awesomely angsty or so dang sweet and adorable.

    Thank you soooo much for tagging me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tag! I still have to do that seven random facts list, too... will get on that soon!

    NANA!!!!! I have to agree -- Ai Yazawa's characters are so beautifully drawn. I really need to catch up on NANA. I don't even remember the last volume I finished...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh i love we heart it pictures... those gaudy skull rings are fabulous. i sometimes wished the we hearters posted if they knew where you could buy the fashion, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tag sweetie. If you look in my blog archives I have already done something sorta like this. It was called the Stylish & Versatile award where I pretty much listed things about myself which included all that I love. I'm with your mom on the skull things and I'm certain its because I'm a mom too! lol Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  9. The glasses looks great on you, Im just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love old books, and I love the feel of the pages. I just can't do e-books. I love food, but I can't cook. I'm also a HUGE romantic. I always wish real life played out like a movie. Thanks for the tag! I will try to get a post up in the next few days.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tag - I love how many of your loves are mine (skull jewelry, hello!).

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. your blog is so lovely and i followed please follow mine :))

    http://girlynote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that photo of the lipsticks, and I find that a lot of fashion bloggers are actually romantics! Funny! I'm such a romantic...

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am such a huge sucker for "pretty food" too! Actually, I adore novelty packaging and perfectly decorated or presented baked goods or entres. There's something just so visual (and tasty) about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got me with water, romance and books! What a great post, lady! I think it's fun to be able to see what bloggers like--it gives the rest of us a little more insight regarding who you are! I'm a fan of these glasses. They are the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh yum i like nothing more than a cold drink of water :D
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're such a lovely personn ! I love Ai Yazawa too !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photos, I share many common likes with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for the tag, hun! i love your list, and will let you know when i think of mine =)

    http://ilovemochi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post. The 10 things you love are great. Especially the pretty food and cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that's at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this
    Yamaha Motorcycle Jackets

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥