Because I'm a little bit Downton obsessed


Two hours were not enough. Let's start with that. 

I was totally hoping that the whole season premiere of Downton Abbey Season 3 was going to be devoted to the Matthew/Mary wedding, but alas, apparently, there are other important things the audience should be more focused on. Which, of course, I don't buy. I just hope that the DVD will have extended scenes on every bit of the wedding-- from the vows to the reception to the first time they bed each other. Really, is that asking too much when we've been repeatedly taken to the edge of their union throughout two seasons? I just wanted to see them passionately make fake love to each other. I jest, of course, but only a little. 

Despite that, I really enjoyed this episode, and yes, I've watched it twice already, if only for the wedding prep and the scene where the Dowager Countess mistakes her son (in black tie) for a waiter. I was so glad to see Tom Branson back (because he's quite a delight for the eyes) and smartly, albeit uncomfortably dressed. Lady Edith is still as annoying as ever, but that's her character. I'm betting Sir Anthony Strallan dies halfway through the upcoming wedding ceremony and leaves Edith with a bazillion moneys, enough to save Downton a thousand times over.

On the Bates topic, I must be one of the very few who really don't give a hoot about Bates' freedom. I always thought him a shady character, and I firmly believe that he's not fully innocent of Vera's murder, not that I care about her either. I'm not saying he murdered her. I'm still not 100% sure about that, but really, he must be really stupid for withholding and admitting the wrong kind of information. So, it's either that or everyone else around him is totally fooled by the facade of loyalty, purity, and nobility he's putting up. Conniving!

Are you a Downton Abbey lover? How did you like the season premiere of Season 3? 

14 comments:

  1. YES!!! Downton Abbey is absolutely my new favorite series. I can't get enough! I agree - I wish they would have shown more of the wedding. Lady Edith is annoying, but she's growing on me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA Laura! I'm a Downton Lover! I've loved it since the 1st season. The wedding did go by way too fast. I must invest in the DVD's because I felt a lot went missing. Gosh, wasn't Matthew fine as hell in bed (for the 1 minute they did show them in bed)! Oooh lalala! LOL I'm one of those believer of Bates! HAHAHA One of my British buddies told me there were going to be a lot of ups and downs, twists and turns...so you may be right. My eyes will be stuck every Sunday night. Edith is a pain in the arse! LMFAO!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I am dying to start this series. I'm the tiniest bit afraid of starting it because I'll become one of those sleepless, t.v. watching zombies who starts from the first episode and goes to the last, all in one sitting. So exciting! I can't stand waiting week to week as they're normally aired when it's a show I love. Awww! I just saw you on your instagram roll on the side and it looks like you had metallic eyeliner on?! That's so awesome. What brand is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cannot get enough of this tv show! It's definitely one of my favorites!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like downton abbey, but i haven't watched the premiere yet (it's dvr'd), but i always feel cheated when they build up so much sexual tension and then let us down by not showing us anything! (maybe, i just have too much pent up sexual tension myself, haha.. tmi, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind Edith sometime, since I feel a bit bad for her. Mary's dress was pretty, and that was really the only reason I was looking forward to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is next on my list to watch! I'm watching Merlin right now and am in the middle of season 3 trying to catch up to the final season 5 that's airing right now. I love it! I can hardly wait until I get to watch this series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, this has popped up on my netflix menu many times...i will add it to my queue!!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Downton. I love it. I'm a Bates fan. I'm not 100% sure he's NOT guilty, but I just like. Oh and Mr. Carson. I love Mr. Carson. He has the best eye brows! I saw that the UK season 3 is available for purchase on Amazon starting Jan 23 (29th?)? I'm tempted to order it so I can see the season before everyone else. I'm really not a tv person, but I'm in love with Downton!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lady, I am totally behind on my TV watching. I hope I can catch seasons one and two on my Netflix - people RAVE about that show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched a few episodes on Downtown Abbey on Netflix but I couldn't really get into it. I didn't dislike it but after reading so much about it I thought I would love it. Maybe I need to give it another try.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Downton! I resisted it as long as I could, then watched both Seasons on Amazon prime in one week. I love the Matthew/Mary story, and can't wait to see the wedding! (I still can't believe I haven't watched the first spisode from Season 3 yet.) I am a Bates/Anna fan, I admit. But I fear they will drag the prison storyline on forevvvveeerrr.

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed your thoughts on the Downton premiere. I wish a bit more of Mary and Matthew's wedding was shown, too. I'm eagerly waiting for the DVD to be released because PBS always trims the episodes down. Unfortunately, I did happen upon some spoilers and it made watching the newest episode hard :(

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥