What's in my makeup bag?

DSC04120DSC04122

In the last few weeks, I've gone on some trips out of town, so I packed a makeup bag to tote whatever I thought was necessary to help me look my usual self while away from home. It's been a few days now since my last trip, and I still am living out of that makeup bag. Lazy me. So I thought I'd share the stuff I've been using recently. 

DSC04123
* Physician's Formula Cashmere Wear Blush- My daily blush. The formula is really smooth, but I think the color is ultimately a little too light for my taste. But I'm planning on using it up until I find a better shade. 
* Toki Doki Luminosa Powder- Because winter skin can look dull. I like to brush this on lightly all over for some sparkle then add a little more to some parts as a highlighter. 
* Purederm Magic BB Cream- My mom got this for me, and it's taken me a while to use it. Like most Asian BB creams, this one only comes in one shade, which is a tad too light for me. But I use it for the SPF 30 and because it brightens my skin a lot. 
*ELF Studio Tinted Moisturizer- I mix a small amount of this with the BB cream above, and then I have my perfect shade. I love ELF foundation because they're gentle on my sensitive skin and have great coverage. 
* Eco tools face brush- To apply blush, powder, and Luminosa powder.

DSC04124
*The Body Shop eyeshadow palette- Not my favorite palette, but I took this with me for the large mirror and the sparkly black shadow on the top left. You can see it's the only shadow I've used.
*Too Faced Shadow Insurance- To keep my eyeshadow from creasing and to add vibrancy to the color.
*Urban Decay supercurl mascara- I don't know about you, but I love travel sized cosmetics. I find that I can never go through regular sizes quickly enough before they expire or I get tired of them. This is my fave mascara at the moment. 
*Physicians Formula eye enhancing gel liner- my favorite everyday gel liner. This set comes with black, brown, and aubergine. 
*The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes Palette 18- I'm not really fond of Body Shop cosmetics, but this one proves useful in a pinch. I use the mint green shade over the turquoise eyeliner for an edgier look.
*Jordana retractable eyeliner- I love this eyeliner though I don't even know when I ever made it to Walgreens to purchase it. The color is vibrant and it stays on pretty well. 
*Eco tools eyeshadow brush and angled brush. 

DSC04125
*Nivea a kiss of Berry Swirl lip balm- a moisturizing balm with a hint of tint. And it smells like Fruitella! I use this before I apply my lipsticks.
*Clinique long last lipstick in Pink Spice-  A dark purple pink, almost mauve-ish color. Good for when I'm feeling kind've vampy.
* CQ pink coral lipstick. Though it looks red in this picture, it's really more pink, and the formula is really smooth. For almost all my daytime looks.

What's in your makeup bag? 

19 comments:

  1. Loved this :) This weekend I'm starting a youtube channel and this'll be one of my first videos! Yay!

    xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! I like seeing what other people use. I have never tried a BB cream but have thought about it. I just bought a couple of the Cover Girl Tru Blend minerals products to try. I use a lot of Cover Girl, Neutrogena and NYC products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! I Loving the look of that Clinique lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Nivea lip balms :D I'm currently using the Milk and Honey flavor :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shade of that Clinique lipstick - so deep and pretty.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great stuff laura! i've got to try elf and too faced products. they're definitely on my list.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! I love this post. The luminosa powder is something that I need. My skin is horrible in the winter and this would be great for some sparkle. You have some good things in your bag. The Too Faced eye primer is great too. I have tried several others, and this is still my favorite. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. The packaging and the design on the blush itself are really pretty, I have never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elf has pretty good products. Since Christmas holiday I've been relying on my mini-cosmetic bag for everything, it's definitely worth it for me to buy miniature versions of some items. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing what makeup people use! That eyeshadow palette is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a shame I don't even have a make up bag. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the lip colours! I know what you mean about travel sized cosmetics like the mascara, they're so handy for trying on a new product without having to fork out for the full sized one and great for if you're going away too!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't worry your not the only one to live out of your makeup bags, I do too lol. I found it's just so much easier to keep the day to day stuff in them and use it and put it all back. Just think of it as being more organized ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun, fun! Makeup! \o/ I've actually put together a little bag of things I want to use for the week (since I'm doing that Beauty Week at a Glance) thing and it kind of speeds up the morning routine, so I think it's a great practice :P I also love travel-sized things, especially to try them out. More than a useless sample packet, less than a full-sized giant thing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really curious about BB cream right now. And CC cream if I'm honest. I feel fairly out of the loop about both items. I have a giant, disgusting bag, that I've been staring at way too much lately, knowing that I need to clean it out. It's good to know I'm not the only one frugal/stubborn enough to use up something even when I'm not crazy about it. I like that mint over the turquoise eyeliner trick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not a big PF fan. i feel their stuff is way overpriced for the quality. elf and WNW make great blushes, if you are ever interested.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo I love seeing inside other people's makeup bags, Laura! And you've always got such lovely things going on in the beauty department -- I'm always inspired. I've been wanting to try some Asian BB cremes, but I haven't bitten the bullet and bought any online because I really want to test some, some how some way. We don't even have a Sephora (or many Asian people, for that matter) in Edinburgh, so I'm not sure where I think I'll be doing my asian make-up testing.

    Something I've just recently started using is Lancome eyeshadow (came a freebie, as part of a prezie) and it is amazing. I think pigments have definitely gotten better with drugstore brands, but they still don't compare to the impact of the Lancome eyeshadows. The downside with them is I think they test on animals- argh. Josie Maran Cosmetics are much healthier and nicer to animales, but the pigments are not quite there. One day there will be the perfect make-up brand that does it all -- ethically and healthfully!

    xoxox,
    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the stuff you showed us.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post. I would love to read what you think. Have a great weekend.

    XO
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. owww i love your post ,, and your blog!!

    i'd love you check out mine! i did the same'ish post xxx
    http://hughesingg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/whats-in-her-makeup-bag-1.html

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥