X-men Gold

DSC03938DSC03942DSC03940
outfit deets:
DIY X-men hair clip
DIY zebra print scarf
thrifted red cardigan
Target black tank
Forever 21 striped bodycon skirt
HUE tights
Urban Outfitters gold loafers

I don't usually get excited about TV, but tonight is the season premiere of Downton Abbey season 3. I've been rewatching season 2 for the past couple days now to prepare myself for tonight, and I'm hoping it's a wedding episode. For everyone else who was lucky enough to see it, pleassssse don't spoil it for me! For the past year, I've been restraining myself from looking up ANYTHING remotely related to Downton, so the anticipation has really built up. 

But enough about wealthy lords and ladies, servants, and tea. I've finally figured out how to wear red without looking like a Christmas tree. I just wear it with a lot of black! Actually, this outfit was built around my felt X-men hair clip that I've been dying to wear, so black and red just seems common sense to pair with it. The gold flats are an homage to my favorite X-men subteam: The X-men gold team, leader: Storm. 

When I was a kid, I saved up my measly allowance to buy X-men paraphernalia. Most of the time, I could only wait long enough to buy Fleer cards, but sometimes, I'd actually have enough to buy current single issues that I hoarded like gold. Because I couldn't buy them all that often, I'd have to read and reread every single bit of info on those cards and comics, and sometimes, I spout of useless bits of X-men info.  

20 comments:

  1. I didn't get into superhero stuff until college, honestly...but I definitely saved up my money for American Girl stuff when I was a kid! Still enjoy it now :) And also looooove the hot pink sweater, so fun!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I've never been quite as much of an X-Men fan as you, but I definitely grew up with it through friends.

    Hope your show is awesome! I've never watched Downtown Abbey before. It looks interesting, but I feel like I don't have time to go back and watch all I've missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your hair pin! Do people ever stop you and ask you about your geekwear? Because that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit, especially your hair pin and shoes. Hope you enjoy the show tonight. I have heard great reviews about it, but just haven't hopped on the bandwagon yet. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, black color blocking does go very well with red. I do that all the time. ;) Cute hair pin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with the gold shoes, Laura. I haven't seen Downtown Abbey but I might check it out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the striped skirt! Enjoy Downton Abbey - it is FANTASTIC:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, black saves the day, most of the time! The layering here is pretty!

    Fang Ting
    ftashion

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't watched any Downton Abbey yet - I know, for shame - but I am going to start watching season one while my hubby starts going to a homebrew club once a week. So I'll see what all the fuss is about very soon! I think I'll like it.

    And you look so cute! I've seen this kind of striped skirt around the blogosphere and I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the gold shoes! I like to mix red with grey or a print. I tend to wear whatever sometimes. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg Downton Abbey!! I just watched the new episode. It was perfect.

    I love wearing black!! It's really my go to color when I just can't figure out what to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your gold loafers! So excited for the Downton season premiere and since I don't have a TV I plan to catch up today after work- can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My brother would buy boxes of cards occasionally and would give me all of the duplicates that I would hoard. I think I still have some of the stacks around my studio.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh I haven't seen the new episode either... have to do that this week. I like red and black together, and red and black and white. They're very classic color combinations and there's just something about them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love this look! That skirt is perfect! Im wearing a similar one in my new post.

    XOXOX

    www.northernstyle.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it with that stripey skirt!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay X men!

    xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there hotness, I love this outfit on you. I need to take more chances and sport a bodycon mini skirt like this, I've tried on a few but I always chicken out before hitting the register. I haven't watched Downtown Abbey but it seems like a show I'd like, all in due time I suppose (I have so many shows I'm behind on already). I use to spend so much allowance money as a kid on snowballs and gummi bears, I don't look back with regret though, snowballs are awesome!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving the red cardigan with this outfit. The gold flats don't hurt either :).

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥