Life Lately 002

I've got a massive amount of work to finish today, but I thought I'd sneak in a quick post about what I've been up to. It's been a hectic week so far, but the sunshine is making it much less stressful. 
No time for proper outfit shots, but you get the gist. I'm trying to get more wear out of this cardigan before I have to put it away for warmer weather. I got it for a whopping $1 when I was on vacation, and I absolutely love its weight and texture. I used to stay away from knitted sweaters and cardis because they made me itch, but now I can't get enough of them!
Yesterday, I drove to Tuscola to attend Craft Night at Vintage Karma. After staring at tax forms all day, I was glad for the break and the chance to meet new people and craft while getting to know them! We even had someone singing (live!) while we crafted. 
I also got a quick chance to sit down and get caught up on my snail mailing. I am quickly running out of stationery, and I still haven't found a store that sells cute writing gear. I usually get my stuff from Sanrio, but it seems that they're not selling any more letter sets online. Ok, they are, but the selection is abysmal. SADNESS. Do you have any recommendations? 
So this is what was taking up most of my time. I've been drawing up ideas for my display table, and I wanted to display my bookmarks so customers can flip through them instead of hanging them or laying them flat on a tray. I cut, stamped, and taped until my hands were dry. But I'm so happy that they turned out so cute!

How are you? 

15 comments:

  1. You have been busy. Craft night sounds like so much fun. I did a scrapbook party once and it was a blast. I am so excited for you and your craft show debut!

    I am doing a pen pal swap if you are interested. Just send me an email, I will be emailing pen pal info out on Saturday. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crafting table/get together looks like it was a ton of fun - what a great thing to participate in!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you sure have been busy! It looks like that night was a lot of fun and a great way to meet new people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant believe you got that cardi for just $1- talk about a steal! and i'm doing the same with all my winter clothes too, i'm trying to wear the crap out of them til they have to go back down to the basement =P

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the cutest hair ever! Cool! Thank you for sharing!

    Visit my blog sometime, and if you enjoy being there as much as I enjoyed your blog we can follow each other ;)!

    Here are the links to follow each other:
    Instant Milk link

    Facebook page link

    Bloglovin link

    Come by soon, and stay in touch!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that $1 sweater Laura!!! What a deal! Great neutral and texture. That's awesome that you connected with others that have the same hobby. I know it was fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Craft night sounds like so much fun! What better way to get inspired?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a creative inspiration, I love the notion of craft night and your bookmarks are so wonderfully whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the bookmarks are so cute! And, how fun the crafting session looks, I'd love to attend on of those! Happy weekend. xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy girl! Craft night looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Craft night sounds really fun! The bookmarks look good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great time, it's always good to meet up with people who have the same interests :))) You look smashing xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you are staying busy! Glad you are taking time out for a fun crafting evening :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like so much fun!!! And I know what you mean about getting the last wear out of winter clothes-I just wore my beret for the last time last night!

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your bookmark display. I love the idea of flipping through, so I'm sure it'll be a hit. And it's so darn CUTE.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥