Sigh of relief


Because it's been constantly raining for the past week, I peered into our basement yesterday, half-fearful that the city's public works department has been slacking, and there would be shit-water all over the place again. But it turns out, the small puddle of liquid that has collected in the middle of the basement is from my walls crying rainwater. Huge sigh of relief. 

Not an exciting outfit, but to be 100% honest, I haven't had time to think up creative ways to play with my wardrobe this week, what with the constant thunderstorming (which has rendered me indoors-stuck) and prepping for the Middle Market tomorrow. If you live near the Champaign-Urbana area, please come and say hi! The outfit above is what constitutes my uniform these days for when I have to be in public: comfy sweater, skirt, warm socks, and whatever boots that I match. Otherwise, I'm in my Hello Kitty jammies with my hair in a french braid, to keep it out of the way. 

Hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead. Apart from the market, I'm expecting some awesome company over the weekend, and I'm looking forward to a couple days of relaxing after the show. 

22 comments:

  1. I think this is a pretty awesome rainy day outfit - you look cozy.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rainy day outfit, you look warm and cozy. I wish we were getting rain instead of snow! Glad you didn't have too much water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck, Laura! You are going to rock everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Achei fofo e super confortável para dias assim!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness it was only water. I heard about all of the rain you guys have been having over there and also about the sinkhole in one of the suburbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Laura! I know you'll sell TONS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i heard about all of the rainfall there Laura! glad it wasn't too bad. you look cute doll. have a great weekend.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adore your "uniform." =D
    Have a fab weekend!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you look nice and cozy in this outfit! The color of your sweater is fantastic and I really like the studs on your boots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good as always!!! Good luck with the Middle Market, I'm sure you are going to do super well. I wish I lived close by to visit!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad your basement isn't flooding with poop a'la mode water. I'm loving your boots and I think hello kitty pajamas with a french braid is the perfect outfit for thunderstorms. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's rained a lot here too, am tired of it. You look awesome!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are gorgeous, and I love your glasses and your hat and your socks-and everything! I love your style-and that blue is fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes simple is best. It's not uncreative. It looks nice.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope the market was awesome! I love this cozy outfit, and your new blog design :)

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
  16. sorry you've been stuck inside with the rain - that is always the worst!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad your basement didn't flood again -- phew! Your sweater is really pretty. Is it sparkly or just speckled with a lighter blue? Also, loving the studded boots! I almost bought some studded flats recently, but they were not comfortable. It's too bad 'cause the studs were all flat and subtle, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥