the ninja with the jaw

 photo DSC05019_zps3902791d.jpg
velvet blazer: thrifted
pink dress, worn as skirt: Target
booties: Urban Outfitters
blue tights: Express
knitted scarf: DIY
necklaces: forever 21, gifted

Happy April and Happy Monday! I can't believe how fast time is flying by. We're already a quarter of a way done with 2013. How insane is that? I spent the bulk of the weekend in my craft room, sewing up a bevy of  soft bookmarks  and putting the finishing touches to my vintage garden bow collection. I've gotta lot of work ahead of me before I'm ready for the Middle Market! 

B and I took a little break on Saturday and went on am impromptu roadtrip to Normal to get some comics and walk around the quiet Downtown streets,  peering into small local shops and trying out some interesting-looking restaurants. Easter Sunday was a quiet affair of reading, grocery shopping, (more sewing on my part) and chilling with our kitties.   

I also watched G. I. Joe Retaliation, and OH EM GEE, it was amazing. I've been eagerly awaiting it ever since I found out that Dwayne Johnson was part of the cast, and I'll confess I was a little  lot miffed when the movie didn't come out last year. BUT the yearlong delay was totally worth it. Fast-paced, action-packed, and graced with the gorgeous face (and body) of Storm Shadow a.k.a the ninja with the jaw that could chisel ice a.k.a  Byung-hun Lee

28 comments:

  1. ha ha, I love Dwayne Johnson too :) It sounds like you had a productive weekend prepping for your show. Loving your color combo and your DIY scarf. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sort of on the fence about GI Joe but it sounds like I should check it out. And I love the nails - so perfect with that outfit! Also, your Easter weekend sounds so relaxed and dreamy.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend Laura! I want to see that movie. Thanks for your thoughts on it. I'm a fan of his too! Love your shade of blues nail color :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend! I love the blue/pink combo you are rocking here! And your nails look amazing. I need to give myself a manicure soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing outfit!! you look so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect colors. I like it. Have a nice monday.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Monday! Time is flying so fast... it's ridiculous. You look amazing as always. Love your perfect array of colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mixed blue manicure! I also can't believe it's already April- seriously, where is the time going?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Monday Laura! Sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm GLAD it's April haha! I hope the snow here melts FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color combo and your nails.
    Wondering if you would like to follow each other? :)
    Please let me know.
    YuliConversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this melange of colours - so vibrant and quirky in the best way possible! You are absolutely delicious .


    Hope you had a lovely Easter, gorgeous!

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cutie in your pink and blues. We had a nice spring-y weekend and now it's cold and raining and gross again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're making me want to watch GI Joe!

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband assumed that I didn't want to watch GI Joe..but when I told him I'd definitely go see it, he was pleasantly surprised...like really surprised. I mean, I did grow up on "go GI Joe!!" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. whoa your hair! love it, and those shoes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair amazing and love those boots !!

    Chic Swank

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a super weekend doll...I haven't been to the movies in I don't know how long. You look super & I love the colours together, blue tights yes yes :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for leaving such a darling comment on my blog! Love how these colours look together, and you look super pretty!

    Have the best week ever,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey! I really love your blog!
    Your blog is super awesome <3
    I'm following your blog, follow me back? :)

    www.feliciayohana.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cant believe a quater of 2013 is over! where does time go! and I am ready for spring...no more snow! lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. it is very insane! where is the time going?
    love your ombre manni - too cute!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking gorgeous as usual :) I really like your nails!

    I am bummed, I haven't watched GI Joe yet and someone already told me the big part of the beginning....not a happy camper >.<

    Anyhoo, hope you are enjoying stocking up your store!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. i'll put GI Joe on my list! i like DJ, too! the second picture is too cute! LOOOVE the scarf.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥