Life Lately 006



Everything is abloom in my neighborhood, and wherever I look it's either green or flowery. 
I had the hugest urge to make vanilla custard, banana, and Nilla wafer pudding. And though the custard requires some cooking, it's definitely well worth it. 
I finished My Beloved Brontosaurus by Brian Switek a few days back. It's one of those books that you just don't want to put down but also wish wouldn't end. Like everyone, I dreamed of becoming a paleontologist, but after the discovery that people don't usually go out into the field and uncover full skeletons of new dinosaurs, I decided I wanted to be an astronomer instead, then an alchemist. Yeah. Anyway, if you'd like to keep abreast on the current debates and discoveries about dinosaurs, I highly recommend this book. 
Pandae likes to watch me cook. He also likes to beg for anything I'm slicing/prepping. This cat eats everything from green beans to avocado to broccoli.

No thanks to this "transition weather," I've been rendered incapable of caring about what I wear for almost a week. I dressed all matchy-matchy in Hello Kitty gear pretty much the whole time. You'll be surprised how many pairs of HK jammy sets I have. I know I was. 
B and I got pie for our anniversary. Actually, we got 4 slices of pie total, but the other two were eaten before they were pictured, so that means they were non-existent/calorie-free, right? This was a slice of Cherry Strudel pie. And it was heavenly.
But not as heavenly as this honking slice of banana cream pie. It was so glorious, it practically was sinful. 
And lastly, the best double fried fries I have ever tasted. 

21 comments:

  1. Yum, look at all that food! Nothing wrong with hanging out in your pjs, especially when they are Hello Kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you also dreamed of being an alchemist - me too! Maybe it's not too late to make that happen...

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Like everyone, I dreamed of becoming a paleontologist..." You make me giggle. You'd love my husband's friends. Most have PhDs in subjects ranging from geology and paleontology to starfish. Yes, I actually know someone who is one of the world's leading experts in starfish. Miles' PhD advisor also worked with NASA for six months last year studying the rocks coming back from the rover on Mars. And they think I'm crazy because I love books!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words about my book, Laura! I'm glad My Beloved Brontosaurus helped you catch up with dinosaurs. And while fieldwork is hard work, every moment is worth it when you're chasing dinosaurs. (Also, Pandae is adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandfather use to make that pudding and put vanilla wafers on top. It was sooooo good! Hello Kitty makes anything better :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I lovvveee dinosaurs! I might have to go and get this book! I wanted to be a palaeontologist too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been eating some delicious looking food lately. Your cat looks so wide eyed and curious. He's adorable.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life looks good babe! Wow, your neighbourhood is such a beautiful place! Love these photos!

    Fang Ting
    ftashion

    ReplyDelete
  9. spring is the best, i love it when every flower and tree bursts into life!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your jammies are so CUTE. :) And YUMMMMM at all the food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous photos...love your jammies, so sweet!!! Mmmm...fries :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, lol - you're human. Phew. I wear clothes that could be classified as pajama's most days of the week. The weather here has been really ewwwww so you're right. It's hard to feel motivated to get out and about or look pretty. I keep thinking, I'll do my make-up/hair/get dressed - look out the window - and why?! My hair will just fall out and frizz, my make up will ruin cuz it's not all waterproof and really, who wants to wear something that isn't their most comfortable possessions while being wet and cold? I'm so totes jealous about that pie. Cherry pie is my favorite although a good banana cream always surprises me. Now, I know this is going to sound crazy but hear me out. I once had a French teacher I thought was insane because he said the best fries were cooked in beef fat. Just sounded gross to me. Now I've moved here and there are frozen fries coated in beef fat sold in the frozen foods section. They're the boooooomb! So bad for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow on the food! Now I want banana pudding, dangit!

    Dude, I wear yoga pants and a tshirt most of the day. I mean, the comic books don't care what I wear :)

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
  14. double fried fries? now i have to make a burger and fries for lunch today! and i wish my cat wasn't such a picky eater, haha. I will also check out that book, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to have to say YES PLEASE on the double fried fries, that would be my weakness in life. I do love pie too but I could never NOT eat fries. I need more HK jammies in my life. I used to have several pairs but currently don't have any and that's a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So thats a banana custard you made? I'm confused with the gif :)

    ok yum, I am now drooling - pie....banana cream pie....and double friend chippies OMG *dies*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Decked out in Hello Kitty PJ's...very comfy! :) Thanks for the book rec ;) Everytime I read something fun and exciting, I always dream of being in that line of work. Right now I'm very interested in being a PI or a detective haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. It makes me happy to see you decked out in all your Hello Kitty gear. Every time I wear my HK bathrobe I wonder if I'm getting too old for it. Never?!?

    ReplyDelete
  19. double fried fries???? never heard of this! what's their appeal...are they more crunchy? you got me craving fries now!

    [oomph.]
    Win a Pretty Blue Satchel!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥