Brownies are Easy

I'm not quite sure why I haven't been baking brownies from scratch until now. I suppose it's because I thought that since they came from a box that wasn't cake mix, there had to be something different about them. That or I thought the dense, fudge-y consistency was something I couldn't replicate easily. For whatever insane reason, I just never thought to just look up a recipe and try myself. 

I'm such a fool. 

Turns out, brownies are the sluts of pastries. As in, they're the easiest of all baked goods to make. (Oh no, I went there.) You need 8 ingredients, which are probably already in your pantry. No fancy "creaming the eggs & sugar" or "folding the mixture" in this recipe. You just mix up all the ingredients, bake in the oven, and after 25 minutes, your efforts are rewarded. Aaaaand this paragraph sounded extra dirty because I referred to these brownies as sluts. 

But seriously, they're so easy to whip up, and you'll be enjoying some chocolate-y goodness in no time. 
Super Easy Brownies (12 bars)
Ingredients:
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c melted butter
1/4 c cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 c flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F, grease an 8inx8in pan 
2.In a  bowl, combine all ingredients together. Mix with a spatula until the consistency is smooth.
3. Pour mixture in the greased pan, and bake it for 25-27 minutes.  

22 comments:

  1. I love your comment about brownies being the sluts of pastries! I have never made brownies from scratch, but those little sluts look easy enough :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... brownies!! I really need to stop being lazy and do something with my summer!! This is inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those slutty heffers. I love brownies. I have a recipe somewhere that's like 3 or 4 ingredients the main ingredient being Nutella. They're not as thick as regular brownies, but they are quick and will do when you're in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness those look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE brownies! Then again, I can't get enough sweets right now. But yes, homemade brownies are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! I don't even like brownies, but they're so easy to make! S likes when I put mint chips in them :) So easy - all in one bowl, so clean up is easy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad they were easy to make! They look super tasty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look so yummy! sounds like real easy recipe that I can't mess up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE brownies! I haven't made them in awhile, so i will now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well now I guess I'm going to have to go make some brownies some time this week. Twist my arm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your lovely comment, it made my day!
    They look so, so delicious!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura, you have most definitely made making homemade brownies seem like a walk in the park! All I can say is, why, oh why does my oven have to be broken? Argh! It's a convection oven and since the micro still works, I was thinking of waiting until I get back from Spain to buy a new one. However, after seeing how good these babies look, I might be rethinking that! hee hee! Thanks for sharing the recipe, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Yum! Yum! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hee hee, "sluts of pasteries", love it! I am generally baking impaired, but these look like something I might try.

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds similar to the Williams-Sonoma brownie recipe, which is pretty much the brownie recipe to end all brownie recipes. You make that one on the stove and then pour it into a pan to bake in the oven... fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could eat these, I may make them for my guests for a dinner gathering. It look great! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am still a bake virgin but i'd start with this "slut of pastry" after reading this.
    Laura, you're so cute! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loooove me an easy slutty warm brownie smothered in vanilla bean ice cream. My baking fear, is all focused at pastry. Pastry of any type. Dang, now I have to go make brownies! nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look heavenly. Brownies have always been a weakness for me.

    Tracy @ www.sunnydaystarrynight.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. well dang, you've convinced me!! must.eat.now.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥