Mathematical

bodycon skirt: Forever 21:: striped top: Express :: Jellypop sandals :: necklace: Kohl's :: ring: gifted

It's been forever since my last ootd post, and I promise you I still put clothes on everyday, even if it is almost always 90F these days (the minimum temperature at which I think clothes are a massive waste of time.) But I haven't been looking as put-together as I'd normally like to be because I've been spending the entirety of my waking hours packing and cleaning. Thank goodness I have some photos saved for days exactly like these! I wore this outfit a few days ago when I felt like dressing up like a geometry lesson. You know, with all the lines, shapes, and curves? I built the look around this ring that my husband got me during his trip to Italy when we were still dating. It only took me seven years to think up an outfit! 

Anywho, YES! We're moving! In a couple of weeks, we'll be heading WEST to St. Louis. Not that much west, but we're moving! The comics are packed, my clothing is pretty much all boxed up, and I am beyond excited for our next adventure. B and I still have a lot of stuff to get done between now and the move, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to be blogging until we're settled. I've been thinking about joining the work force once again, too. But I'm gonna hold on to my (now) aqua hair, thank you. That said, do you think my hair would be a job deterrent? I am really hoping of getting back to either advising or teaching or something academic-related but with a little bit of creativity mixed into the job duties. Any recommendations? thoughts? And for those who have lived, visited, or are living in St. Louis, tell me: where should I live? eat? shop? I wanna know all!!!  

ps. my summer/moving sale is still going on! get 30% off with the code SUMMERSALE

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like the move is going well so far! Good luck and make sure you send me your new address once you're all settled in so I can send you a card :)

    That ring is so fun, love it! It's a little superhero-y actually. Maybe I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Good luck on the move!!!

    Where I live (GA/TN), aqua hair would be frowned upon in the school world UNLESS you're an art teacher. I swear, art teachers can get away with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you guys. St. Louis is supposed to be a great place. I love your outfit too. I have never successfully pulled off layered stripes--maybe I need a striped skirt. I don't know if your hair would be a deterrent necessarily. I would maybe fix it conservatively for interviews like a loose bun or small liberty rolls that end in a bun. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this outift, look at those shoes...!!! they are pretty amazing! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the move!!! So exciting!
    And it depends on your employer to be honest-my daughter had bright pink hair, and it' now really bright red and unfortunately some people can't look past the bright hair...I hope you can find a work environment that can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think the hair will be a deterrent, it all just depends on the field you go into. If you pick up some adjuncting/sessional work I don't think it will matter at all. I hope you have a smooth move!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! Good luck with the move and starting your new adventure in St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh you're moving! Good luck!

    Hmm... maybe you could keep your hair and be an art teacher? Music teacher? Work in the fashion industry?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stripes on stripes! What a great look. And good luck with the move.

    PS: It's giveaway time on my blog! Hope you join: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/06/angelorian-tradition-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey laura! good luck on the move doll. i know its a task, but sometimes changes bring on new opportunities. i hope you find something you love. keep us posted. love this outfit on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit Laura - and hope everything is going well with the move (or as well as can be expected!). Gorgeous ring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great doll!! Lots of good luck on the move, how exciting!! I hope it will be as smooth as possible for you!! Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mixing of stripes really works here! Good luck with the moving adventure, sounds exciting!

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh St. Louis! We have relatives there, it's a great city! I know that our family mostly lives in suburbs that are a little west of the city. If you like Italian food, Rich and Charlies is a MUST. And Ted Drews frozen custard. Yummo. Good luck with the move!

    LOVE all these stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on moving!!! That is sooooo exciting!! And loving all the stripes in your outfit, you are looking great Laura :)

    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've been a busy bee, but I love that of course! You look great with the pattern mix. My favourite is the jewellery and those shoes! I've not been to St. Louis! :) /M

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting about your move, can't wait to see all your photos and adventures in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm excited for you! i've been on this island a long time, but i did make one big move in my younger days to colorado. scary, but exciting, too! hope you do tell me more in your next letter...and keep me updated on your address!!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    COACH Bag Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh yay for your new adventure! Moving can be very exciting but stressful, so good luck :)

    The hair may hold you back from jobs, which I think is a bit ridiculous. Your hair colour isn't going to change your work ethics, but they will take that into account unfortunately.

    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think the more creative the job, the less your hair will be a deterrent. But you probably could have figured that out. Despite the color being unnatural, it doesn't look that weird on you. You pull it off well.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  21. First off, thank you so much for the letter. Once you get to St. Louis e-mail your new address so I can return the favor! :)

    Speaking of St. Louis, best of luck with the move! I'll definitely be sending good vibes your way. As for the hair/job situation, I second you on keeping your hair as it is. Test the waters, feel employers out. I am sure there are plenty of places that will admire you for your experience and credentials regardless of your hair color.

    P.S. That's a pretty ring. What a fun idea in creating an entire outfit around it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love your aqua hair!! Mine was blue/aqua for a while but I got fed up with the maintenance and dyed it brown. I miss it so much now :( Don't give it up until you absolutely have to!

    - Hannah
    she could be a pharmer in those clothes

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥