Chiffon







Thank you, all, so much for your input on this blue dress. I don't think I've ever gotten so many comments about my boobs before. Thanks to your suggestions, I'm already planning on playing with its construction a bit, cutting off some length, or maybe even dyeing it a different color. Sketches are being drafted. 

I'm glad that I'm not the only person who has problems with getting mail! I called our landlord about my problem, and a couple hours later, I had 2 letters waiting in my mailbox! Hooray! However, if this whole mail situation gets worse, I'm going to have to switch to a PO box, which is a hassle, but at least I'll know my mail is getting delivered.

I wore this outfit to an impromptu dinner date with B. I don't have enough chiffon dresses in my closet, and that needs to get remedied soon. I stalked the craft store this weekend for cute patterns, but couldn't find anything to my liking. I was thinking something retro, something like this or a shorter version of this. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't find one because I definitely need to finish my current projects before I even venture into a new one!

17 comments:

  1. You look stunning, just adore that dress and it highlights your hair perfectly!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chiffon. It's a really cute dress Laura. Glad you got your mail and have some cool ideas for your blue dress.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is amazing on you - seriously, such a great look! I'm all about a little bit of chiffon.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty dress! I love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress. The print is very pretty. Like you I do not have nearly enough chiffon dresses in my closet.

    Tracy @ www.sunnydaystarrynight.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That print is so pretty! I get into the bad habit of starting one project before I finish the one (or two or three!) I've already started. I get distracted by new things!

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contrast of the vintagey chiffon dress with your candy color hair. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love chiffon, I wear it all year long. This dress is lovely on you. I hope your mail situation gets worked out soon!

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute dress, the colors in the flowers are so vibrant against the black! Hope the mail situation continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chiffon is a great material that I think looks ultra feminine. You always look great, Laura! Your outfit choices are BOMB. Your taste in vintage is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty!!! I love the bright colours of the flowers-makes it more modern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like how you've styled your hair - natural-looking curls and a pretty pouf. And I'm sensing a slightly darker vibe from your latest outfits that I quite like!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look great, laura! i'm loving your hair here and those cute shoes...are those bows?!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    $150 Old Navy Giveaway!
    $150 Target GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  14. This dress looks great and I love your hair. I wish I could color my hair. I really need to find a job that allows it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh, that is super cute, Laura! I like that dress a lot! Even better than the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am going to join in the chorus and also praise this dress. You look really lovely in it! It has such a pretty print, too.

    Glad to hear you got your mail dilemma semi-figured out. I was going to suggest getting a PO box when I read your previous post, but decided to wait until I read ahead. The post office nearest my house has some pretty ridiculous hours, so often times I find myself going to one a little further out of the way (it is on my errands route, though, so it's not always out of the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know there is are Hancock Fabrics in St. Louis and they often have a good selection of reissue vintage patterns there including fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥