St. Louis Zoo

I apologize in advance for the photo overload. B and I went to the zoo a few days ago, and I took a bajillion photos. In case you didn't know, the Saint Louis Zoo is free to the public and houses tons of gorgeous animals. We spent an entire morning walking around and still didn't get to see everything they had there. I have this love-hate relationship with zoos. On one hand, I feel sorry for all the animals cooped in cages, especially the birds with clipped wings and the larger mammals who are obviously suffering from mange and need a lot more space. But on the other hand, I know that zoos are aiding in replenishing populations of endangered animals all around the world. 
I'm looking forward to visiting the zoo again when the weather is much more bearable. I was actually really impressed at how large and well-maintained it was, especially because it's a free zoo! There are tons of food and drink stalls all over the zoo as well as lots of indoor activities if you wanted to get out of the heat. If you plan on going, be prepared to either pay to park in areas closest to the entrances. If you'd rather not pay (like us), get there as soon as it opens to take advantage of free street parking.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I love going to the zoo. It's so much fun. I'll probably go when it gets a little cooler.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what beautiful animals. Like you, I have mixed feelings about zoos. I wish we didn't need them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't apologize for photo overload. I love zoo photos! What in the world are those crazy beetle bug things? Glad you had fun and so cool that it's free to get in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I feel pretty much the same about zoos...but it's cool that that one's free.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, so love the zoo :)) The animals are precious xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. I like the zoo, but I don't. I need to visit the zoo here. It's been awhile since I've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! I love animals and just visited a great zoo in Honolulu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the zoo! This one looks amazing! The Calgary Zoo is 3 hours away from me and it's amazing. I really want to go there, but the flood did some damage to it. The hippos almost escaped into the river haha! I think in about September I'll go for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pictures and i love the zoo to although I totally know what you mean about issues with the animals. We're close to the Detroit zoo so we have membership. My favourite has to be Edinburgh Zoo in Scotland - it's HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm like you with zoos, I don't know if I'm for or against them. Guess there is some good and some evil in most things, though. I love the flamingos! I do not love those bugs, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures! I feel the same way about zoos but just can't resist going.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel the same about zoos, I can see the good & bad points of them. I love seeing pictures from Zoos overseas, its amazing the different varieties of animals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waaaoo, you managed to snap really good photos of all the animals!! So up close and personal. I love animals, I bet you had a lovely time :)

    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You need to check out the Jewel Box in the park as well! It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are some really great photos, Laura. I especially like the one of the Monarch butterfly. I'm always trying to get good shots of those little buggers ;)

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥