Today is for the internet

Rue 21 bodycon dress:: tjmaxx lace top:: Report heels:: Sanrio My Melody purse

Finally... the internet. I thought I could try and be the better person and live without it for a few days, but it turns out, I, like many others, turn into an inconsolable sourpuss when not connected 24/7 to, well... everything! I'm catching up with blogging, getting up to speed with your blogs, and also doing the mundane stuff like paying bills online. I also have finally gotten to watch 2 weeks worth of Venture Bros. which has definitely made my Thursday. 

It's been up in the high 80s and low 90s all week, so I really haven't been making a lot of effort in putting outfits together. It's usually a skirt + top + sandals or dress+ sandals because that's all I can really bear. As for makeup, I've pretty much given up on the stuff except for lipstick. That seems to be the only thing that stays on even in 100% humidity. 

Our new life in St. Louis has been lovely (apart from the no internet bit) B and I have been exploring the city and meeting lots of awesome people. Stay tuned for our adventures in the following posts! I've been slowly getting my crafting stuff out of boxes and in order, so I'll probably be able to start sewing again tomorrow. I've unpacked most of my clothing save for my trousers and jammies, which will probably stay in boxes until 1. I learn to love pants or 2. I get a bigger closet. I guess 3. be more creative with storage is also an option, but not today. Today is for the internet. 

16 comments:

  1. You are so close now! I'm actually in St. Louis a bit visiting my Dad in the Clayton/Ladue area.

    You have a ton of comic shops there to chose from and conventions! The only downside of the city is that there are hardly any good thrift shops. Make sure you check out the malls though a few of them have comic shops in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back and that you have the internet. Happy to hear you are getting settled into the new digs. Your lace top is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your glasses look strikingly similar to my newest pair of frames. Are they from Firmoo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad the move has gone smoothly! You look lovely and please don't stay away so long ever! I miss seeing your lovely face so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried living without it, I lasted about 5 hours. Its insane! Good to have you back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely top! and yes no internet make us feel empty

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I’m hosting cool glasses/sunglasses giveaway here check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been the same with makeup, bare minimum except for some lip color. It's making blogging really hard, though, because now I don't even put anything fun on for the weekends. I feel like my blog should be seasonal, open in fall and winter only, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're all moved and starting to settle...and back online! Woo!!!!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back to the internet! I'm glad you're back online! I am also glad you're settling into St. Louis well! It really is a great city to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo! Welcome back to the internet!! I've been in the same boat as you with the make up. Heat has finally found England and it's been glorious. I've been soaking it up, sweating a lot, and am a darker shade than I've been in about 2 decades. That last part was totally unintentional but unavoidable as I've been walking at least 5 miles a day to be healthier. So glad you're settling in well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! I know what you mean...we think it's going to be lovely being disconnected but it's slightly disturbing how disturbed it feels to be disconnected. haha. WEIRD.
    can't wait to follow along.
    love the top btw!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. When my fiance and I moved into our new place, we didn't even go a day without it... so I know how that goes haha. It's funny, I spend a lot of time online but I can't really account for most of it, I just do random searches non-stop it seems. Anyway, I'm glad to hear you are with internet again and that your new place is rockin'. I've got to say, I won't be sad when Fall comes, it is hot outsideee. I'm much more of an Autumn girl anyway. Cute top and still love your hair.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hurray, glad the move went well! It's always overwhelming and exciting to be in a new place. And no internet, gah. That always kills me! So many things depend on it, even paying bills and stuff, as you've said.

    ReplyDelete
  14. seems like the move happened really quickly! or have we really been apart that long, lol!! either way, glad you are settling in nicely!

    [oomph.]
    $100 Lulu & Georgia Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lipstick is always a good choice when it's a billion degrees outside! I love the shade you're wearing. It's super pretty and so is that lace top you're wearing.

    I definitely know what you mean about not being connected to the internet. I hate being behind on internet stuff!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥