Come vintage shopping with me!

I've been vintage shopping as often as I can, in search for much-needed furniture and decor for our sparse home. During this particular trip, B and I ended up finding a desk, a dresser, and a huge shelf to house all the books that have been chilling on our living room floor. But it's hard to focus on getting just what you need when there are so many pretties, waiting to be nabbed. Here are a few pictures from my most recent trip:


My least favorite colors are orange and brown, but I am totally digging this tea set. It just screams "autumn" and "pumpkins!" which are some of my favorite things.  


This mighty teeny purse almost came home with me, but after trying to fit my whale of wallet into it, I decided against it. My keychain village won't even completely fit inside. :(


We're in desperate need of mirrors in the house, and I love the frames on these ones! Depending on the couch we end up purchasing, I may go back and snag these ones for the living room. They be snazzy, yo. Also-- sneaky outfit photo! I find myself reaching for comfier clothes when shopping, thus the lack of any kind of post-worthy photos. But I did fix my hair and makeup! :) 


I'm totally convinced that writers of the past were so much cooler because... MINT typewriter. I have neither room nor use for this beautiful contraption, but I want it anyway. 





This is a giant cardboard palm reading poster that I thought was the coolest of beans. I used to be obsessed with palm reading when I was a kid, and spent a lot of time daydreaming and making up stories based on what I thought I "read" in my palm. 


When I saw this dining set, I almost fell on the floor, laughing. Because don't they look like labial folds? It's the combination of the unfortunate coloring and those insane ripples/crenulations!



Adorable posters of the French Paper Co endorsing their Smart White paper. They remind me of the illustrations in those Golden Books I had as a kid. 

♥♥♥
BLOGLOVIN :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: PINTEREST :: INSTAGRAM

15 comments:

  1. I love this type of shops :3 You can really find treasures :)
    Have a wonderful weekend :)
    x,
    LaraLizard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. God. I want/need that typewriter. Wow!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fabulous finds, I would have bought everything, haha. Most def the mirrors, they are gorgeous. The labial folds made me laugh out loud, haha. Such a cool place. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vintage shopping! Thanks for taking us along for the ride, it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many cool things!!! I love that typewriter! I used to use a typewriter Laura in high school and university-THAT'S how old I am hahahaha! Happy Weekend gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool stuff! I love the mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah so many cool things! That typewriter is fantastic and I'm pretty sure my grandparents had brown and orange mugs like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Antique shopping is way cool, except I never know what to get!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a great store! LOVE the term keychain village, it would apply to mine too! I hope you'll get both mirrors if you go back. They'd look adorbs hung side-by-side, like his and hers! I like my dining chairs of the comfortable variety, but these white ones are sooo pretty. And I almost spit up my tea laughing at your labial folds comment. Imagine trying to hold it together watching someone sip from these?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a typewriter as a kid! Coolest thing ever, but kind of frustrating, I remember, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahahahaha. Of course you see that in the pink dinnerware set. And now I can't stop. I think you need those mirrors, though, they are pretty awesome. Not that tiny purse, though. That's just crazy. Purses need to be at least 3 times bigger, just like the center for children that want to learn to read good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can always find treasures at those shops! I love the kitchenette dining set. Lime & white! Yes please! HAHHAA
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHH! That labia tea set! I love it...even though its more vaginal that a Georgie O'Keefe painting! I have a purse issue too when vintage shopping! I have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many! BTW- love your blog's new look. It's so sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mirrors! Yes yes and triple yes. I don't care what couch you get - can you honestly go wrong with those mirrors?? I want those mirrors lol. You're so much classier than me. Doing the hair and the make up to go shopping. Sheesh. I'm just letting myself go so much these days. But if you ask me to my face, I'll just claim I'm being more "French" and embracing my flaws gracefully which totes makes me beautiful. (Yeah, try and contain the eye roll. It get's me through the day, OK? hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That poor, unfortunate dining set :P
    The autumn-colored tea set is all kinds of fabulous, though! Glad you guys found some things you needed.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥