Dining Table DIY

Probably the most essential piece of furniture for B and I to get was a dining table. OK, maybe a bed, but the dining table came in super duper close. We were looking for something small that could be propped up against the wall. I initially wanted a really heavy wood set, but decided against it when we found this chrome gem:


I love the shape of the tabletop and the form of the legs. It was on sale because the color was extremely undesirable (taupe with gold flecks. Yeah. icky), but I didn't see that as a problem at all.


Two cans of paint later, I got this table to match my awesome purple chairs. 


I apologize for the crappy lighting in these photos. It was a particularly cloudy day, and not a lot of natural light was coming through the window, but you can see how it looks. I love how my table turned out! Goes to show that simple fixes can really make all the difference!


17 comments:

  1. Glad you could see the potential in this table. That is something that I am not good at when looking for furniture to repurpose. And those chairs? AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that table looks so much better for the repaint, I adore those chairs you got too - that fabric colour and the white of the table really make the colour in each pop out! I might have to have you come around and repaint some of my furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the table turned out great, and I love the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very crafty. I love you chairs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so handy! I'm not good at repurposing or giving things a makeover... T_T It has to come how I want it, damnit, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Laura it looks amazing!!!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it looks great! I'm really diggin' the purple chairs too. Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks awesome! I love the white!

    ReplyDelete
  9. laura, i love what you did with it. you transformed it girl! i love it and the chairs you paired with it are too cute. great job!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done dear! It's amazing what a little paint and inspiration can do. It looks great Laura! :) Madison

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job missy - and you got yourself a bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you totally livened it up! nice job on the transformation, laura!!

    [oomph.]
    $150 Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks fabulous doll, love those chairs :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the chrome <3
    Your table looks great, Laura! You have such a good eye/talent for re-purposing and DIY-ing things.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥