Dragon's Crown


I feel almost embarrassed to admit that much of my weekend was spent plopped on my ass, playing Dragon's Crown. I got the game at the recommendation of my good friend J, who was sure I was going to be addicted to it once I started playing. And he sure was right. I played all of Saturday night and had to force myself to get out of the house on Sunday just so that I wouldn't end up wasting the day away staring at the screen.


I read a handful of reviews on the game before purchasing it, and came across a lot of criticism about how the female characters are too buxom, too scantily clad, pose too suggestively, too objectified, etc. To be honest, I think most of it is a load of bullshit because the men are just as exaggeratedly depicted as the women are. Somehow, that  gets overlooked. And, the character designs don't actually deter from their abilities. For instance, my character is a stout, burly dwarf that hits like a tank but moves at the speed of tepid molasses. B plays the gigantic and hippy amazon who hits just as hard, possibly even stronger, and is extremely agile. The game itself if immensely fun, and I think that the graphics are just plain gorgeous.


But enough about games. Especially now that I have to get through my huge to-do list. Oh Monday, how cruel you are! Errand-running days call for the comfiest combos, which for me are shirts + skirts. I keep on neglecting this Dorothy Perkins top because it somehow keeps on getting lost amid the mess that is my closet. But whenever I manage to find it, I wear it for days because it's soft, comfy, and very breathable-- just what I need on sweltering, summer days. 

♥♥♥
BLOGLOVIN :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: PINTEREST :: INSTAGRAM

18 comments:

  1. I really like your new profile pic! Gaming is so addictive. I went on a Fruit Ninja binge awhile ago. I hear Candy Crush is pretty addictive too so I have crossed into the dark side yet, ha ha! Great shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this game, but we get addicted to playing games as well. We spent the weekend playing games as well actually and doing not much else. You look fab, have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of this game, but it sounds interesting. I love playing games, we usually have a game night when everyone is is town once a month. I like the colour editing in your photos. :) /Madison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of that game, but it sounds like something my hubby would be into!

    Love the horse shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love that top! I've never heard of that game, but I'm glad you had a fun time playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of that game either, but sounds interesting!
    I love your t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one neat top - I love it! We had a lazy weekend too, after our somewhat unplanned roadtrip to PA the week previous, it was nice just to do nothing productive for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely words on my last post!

    I love this outfit - the shorts and this top are so pretty and work so well together!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, that is a great top! WHAT A GAME!!! I'm not even going to look at it. I get addicted to games quick! HAHAHA I was playing several on FB before I started blogging. HAHAHA I blogged to get rid of the games. :P
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laura! Love this top!! Are you enjoying your new town?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That top is so cute! I have had gaming days like that. Specifically years ago my friend and I rented Gauntlet Dark Legacy and played for 15 hours. Straight. But you could turn people into chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rediscovering lost clothing items is always fun. I love the edginess of this outfit. Oh gosh, I flat out refuse to play games because I know I will get addicted to them. I waste far too much of my time as it is watching DVD box sets :P

    P.S. Beautiful new profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree about things like that sometimes. Some things just have to be let go, you know? I'm all about equality and there are things I will fight for, but eh...it's all contextual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have no idea what Dragon's Crown is, but it sounds great and I am so NOT going to look it up.

    I have this problem with being absolutely addicted to video games. Whenever I play Rock Band it's for like 7 hours hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love love love that sweater! I haven't been hopelessly addicted to a game since Oblivion. I lost a whole winter to it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I'm addicted too... To Lego Harry Potter, again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so cute. I have not played Dragon's Crown yet but I have it all set in its packaging. Right now I'm playing Tales of Xillia (a must if you like JRPGS!) -- I have a huge backlog of games at the moment. So little time to play it all! x


    bonjourgazel.com

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥