Food Truck Friday

Earlier this month, B and I went to our first ever Food Truck Friday, sampling as much food truck fare as we could. We got there a little over an hour before the event ended, so lots of places were already sold out of their best sellers. :( I apologize for the graininess of some of these photos since they were taken well after daylight hours. It's weird how the photos of the food, taken on my iphone, came out less grainy than the ones taken by my camera.  
We actually ate a lot more than these, but didn't manage to snap any photos because we were starving. I am not a beer person, really, but I have taken quite a liking to Schlafly's summer ale. It was soooo delicious with a huge serving of sweet potato falafel. The weird "sushi-esque" concoction in the bottom was meh. I remember thinking the rice being very bland and the popcorn being really stale. We also tried a couple of tacos and a new Filipino place that was very disappointing, especially because it got so many rave reviews. Ugh, I guess I'll have to cook my own Filipino food. 
It was actually cool outside enough to wear a couple layers and booties. I cannot wait till it's COLD enough to wear them everyday... with socks and tights! Fall weather, get here faster! 
skull top: TJ Maxx:: cardi, bodycon, boots: Forever 21:: tote: Sanrio:: bracelet: thrifted:: 
specs: Zenni Optical:: liptick: CQ Perfect Peach

♥♥♥
BLOGLOVIN :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: PINTEREST :: INSTAGRAM

16 comments:

  1. I have never been to one of these food things, sounds like fun though. I believe there is something like it in Glasgow at Christmas time, will have to go and see :)) You look lovely. I like wearing layers, so I'm looking forward to wearing them again, just not all the rain that can come with it, haha :) Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like checking out some of the food trucks we've been lucky to have up here too. They can be kind of hit or miss but they are pretty fun! Also, we had Schafly beer the last time we were in St. Louis, it is pretty good stuff! We're going to visit relatives in STL next summer with the new baby and I'd like to check out the Schafly taproom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for full on fall weather to get here!!!!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cardigan, you look cute and comfortable. Oh, I love food trucks, one of the many things I miss in SF. there aren't too many overseas, but they are so good. Have a wonderfull weekend. xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to do food trucks but it's so hot in New Orleans it's not really a good time until almost the end of September. I love that skull top, too. I found a blazer online that I'm contemplating purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous, we don't have food trucks anywhere near me. I have this obsession that I need to eat food that comes from a (probably dirty) vehicle. But I watch the Great Food Truck Race on Food Network and I am obsessed. Obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are occasionally events like this here, but S and I aren't huge crowd people, haha. I think if we had real jobs and were able to splurge every now and then we'd probably do it, though! There is a fair going on right now and I want to go - elephant ears for meeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun! I would love to try sweet potato falafel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with that skull type Laura. In love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you go to the laumiaer sculpture park one? They always look awesome. I'm going to hit one when I come to visit in October.

    ReplyDelete
  11. when food trucks are good they are good. when they're bad theyre really really bad. hahaha you looked great! wishing you a wonderful weekend Laura
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUMMMMM I wish we had more food trucks here! I love that skull top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh well you can't win 'em all, you look. Lovely here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like such fun! Love that striped skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Food truck Friday sounds great! Around here, we have a lot of food trucks that gather at our farmers markets. It's nice to be able to grab lunch, while grabbing fresh fruits. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet potato falafel??! My taste buds are calling out for an introduction. Love the idea of Food Truck Friday!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥