Just Chill and Eat the Caprese

This isn't really an outfit post so much as an update with pictures of me wearing my "chill" outfit thrown in. Gosh, I hate shorts, but they're a necessity when one wants to get out of the door quickly to grab some much needed grub but has spent the entire day mired in applications and finishing orders. I currently only have 4 pairs of shorts, and two of them are gym ones. The other is a pair of faux leather schmancy ones that I plan on wearing with tights when it gets colder, and the last is this pair I'm wearing-- really an odd color choice for me, the lady who can't stand browns and khakis.  
Lately I've been feeling like a ball of angst and that's exacerbated by my internet acting up all of a sudden. It started a couple days ago when I tried watching Netflix (my newest show addictions include "Alphas" and "Supernatural") and nothing would load. I thought it was just my ancient computer being ancient, but everything else I tried just wouldn't work. My connection is spotty at best, so I haven't been able to visit any blogs or write up posts. And I totally missed out on Modcloth's Last Hurrah sale. POOP.
You know what else is poopy? My tangled mane! I haven't had a haircut since March, and my tresses are feeling bushy and Hermione-like. I started looking seriously for potential stylists on Yelp a couple weeks back, but it's so hard to make a decision. I'm also not looking forward to them complaining about how thick my hair is and how much they have to cut. Seriously, it's their job, I'm paying them to do it, so just do it!
All this stress has pushed me to stress eat lots of caprese. Something about creamy mozzarella sandwiched between fresh basil and a meaty heirloom tomato then smothered with fruity olive oil and balsamic vinegar, finished with sea salt and freshly ground pepper just comforts me. The flavors melding in my mouth is synonymous with the feeling I get when Benedict Cumberbatch whispers in my ear, "baby, it's gonna be all right" with his sonorous, poetic voice. We have a technician scheduled to come in and fix my interwebs tomorrow, but till then, I'm gonna indulge in some cheesy-tomato-Cumberbatch loving. 
♥♥♥
BLOGLOVIN :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: PINTEREST :: INSTAGRAM

13 comments:

  1. Well, you may not like shorts but they like you! And I personally think this is such a cute and fun casual outfit.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God, BC. I love him. And his cheekbones. And his voice. Oh. Man.

    You look super cute! I love shorts for just running around and being out in the sun! Though I love the ease of a simple sundress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a huge shorts lover either, but they are a necessary evil. These shorts look really good on you and the Hello Kitty sweatshirt is perfect! I like you in the casual outfit. Good luck with the computer stuff tomorrow. That stuff sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shorts look like they work on you fine, you have nice shorts legs. I wouldn't mind shorts it my inner thighs didn't try to swallow them into my crotch leaving me with some kind of wonky cloth diaper wandering around the mall... Bygones. That caprese looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL LOL at the Cumberbatch Cheese Whisperings HAHAHAHA. I want that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look great, I don't wear shorts really, only with tights underneath when I do. But, I think you look great. The food looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh fresh mozzarella...yum. Also your Hello Kitty sweatshirt is win. And I've been wearing shorts more than I really like to this summer too. Sometimes you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing wrong with stress eating caprese. It's not like you're stress eating Krispy Kreme or KFC. I am FEELIN' ya on the spotty internet connection. We supposedly got fibre connection in the area so my husband upgraded. Our service has been ridic ever since. I can't load vid's half the time or even hold on to a connection. So frustrating. I get better connection off my mobile phone. Pathetic. And I HATE picking a new stylist. Are you kidding me?? Oi! I have literally stopped someone in the grocery store parking lot to ask them where they got their hair done because I loooved their hair. So yeah. Just ambush someone who's got great hair lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have many pairs of shorts either Laura. I think more people than we think feel that way. hahaha Sorry to hear about your internet connection. That would definitely frustrate me too. Narrow your choices and maybe visit the top 3 salons to see how you feel about them. That may help. Also if they have a FB page read the comments on there. Wishing you luck :) I always get nervous with a hairdresser.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you look so adorable in your "chilled out" look. I thnk I only have 4 pairs of shorts as well or 3 maybe. There's nothing like a fresh heirloom tomato, perfect little dish you have there. Happy restful and enjoyable weekend Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura! Your chill outfit is so cute. It took me a long time to be "okay" with shorts. I always had a pair or two for those stifling hot summer days, but over the last few years I've amassed a little collection. I do prefer to wear them with tights, though!

    Your last paragraph had me in stitches! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, so I'm obsessing over your top. Seriously, its too adorable! I actually like these shorts on you a lot. Its true that they are not a color you wear often, but its fun to mix it up from time to time right!? Plus, shorts are just darn comfy and practical ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmmm, B and I are both suckers for tomato caprese salad. You need really good, ripe, flavourful tomatoes and these look just right. And a nice viscous balsamic? There's nothing better. Have you ever tried subbing burrata cheese for buffalo mozzarella? It's on my list.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥