My New Favorite Red: Lush Decisive Review


After my unexpected cosmetic culling, I went a-lippie browsing. I had "red" in mind, even though I'm pretty happy with my NYX Snow White (seen here and here), but I wasn't expecting to find my new favorite red in Lush.


My first experience with Lush, years ago, was great. I loved their bath bombs and solid lotions. But I had such an awful experience with their hair line that I decided to stay away from them for a long time. It wasn't hard because the closest one to me was a good two and a half hours away. So I forgot Lush for quite a while. 


When they launched their cosmetics line a while back, I was curious, but not  enough to seek them out. What an awful, awful mistake on my part! I tried a couple of shades before finding the one, which for me is Decisive, a blue-based red that looks oh-so-retro-chic to me!

Image via Lush


How do I love Decisive? Let me count the ways:
1. The doe foot applicator makes putting the product on my lips a breeze! I know exactly where and how much lipstick I apply.
2. The pigmentation is intense. I went over 8 hours without touching this up and it still looked red as ever. I'm particularly impressed because this lippie is made with mostly natural ingredients.
3.  It's not drying at all! My lips dry out pretty quickly, so I end up having to apply balm over my lipsticks and then having to retouch them as a result. But not with this one. No flakes, no dry patches!
4. The hue! I love how vibrant this red is. I feel like I can wear it paired with casual and dressed up outfits. Truly versatile.


What's your favorite red?
♥♥♥
BLOGLOVIN :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: PINTEREST :: INSTAGRAM

22 comments:

  1. That is a really great red and I'm impressed that it's so long lasting. I'm currently using a NARS red - it's a lipstick pencil - and I'm actually pretty happy with it.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in red lips! As you know I have been wearing red lippies a little bit. I found Wet & Wild in Red Velvet (I think it's the name) and for $2 it's been a great red. Being fair skinned and freckled it's hard to find a good red for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't shopped at Lush in a long time now because they got rid of the one closest to me too - but I've been curious about their makeup line for awhile now! The color of the lipstick you got is great!

    I'm too pale for red, so I tend to not wear it. It looks great on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That red is really beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful shade! I love Lush's bath products but have yet to try their cosmetics line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you like it! It's stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous red on you, Laura! Va va voom! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This shade of red looks amazing on you- seriously, it's perfect! How do you get your lipstick so precise? I'm still so clueless when it comes to makeup, but this is something I want to work on! I've never really considered lush for makeup products but now I have to check them out.

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be heading to Lush today since I have a bit of time to kill at the mall. I will check it out. It's beautiful! :) I really love blue based reds...they're very flattering. Btw, you look GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a pretty red. I have never really looked into Lush for cosmetics. I was gifted a bath bomb once and it was great. I enjoyed it. Def worth it. The red you have on is really pretty. I'm a big fan of red lippies and I'm always in the market to try new things. I definitely will check out Lush this weekend to look for this gem! Thanks for sharing it looks great on you!

    http://itsabbytime.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous makeup. I like the red lippie on you. Did not know of LUSh cosmetics. I like the store even more now.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura, you are wearing that red lipstick girl!!! You are working that wingtip eyeliner! Hand over those earrings!!! LOL Can you tell I love everything. I've tried Lush's bath goodies! I did a review and loved them. I haven't ventured into their makeup line. I definitely will now! Thanks pretty lady :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! You look so good with red lips. I do better with pinks and corals, but I don't discount red totally. I think my favorite right now is MAC's Ronnie Red,

    ReplyDelete
  14. This red looks amazing on you! I love Lush. I have a red lip tint in a tin by them that's wonderful. I need to try this type out too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really pretty on you! I love Russian Red from Mac but it's too bluish for me, so I don't wear it myself.

    Fang Ting
    ftashion

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colour, it's gorgeous!! I will have to pop into Lush myself sometime. Haven't been there in ages. I just got a red lippy called Ruby Lips by Dali (the artist) and it's really red. It's the first time I've tried a red lippy, so it's been fun. You look marvellous xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look smoking, girl! I really rate those Lush cosmetics xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. This color is beautiful. I don't have a favorite red. In fact I have always been too afraid to really give it a try. I am determined to find my perfect red soon though.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  19. If I was making a list of the little things in life that bring joy, I'd put finding a great lipstick colour on there. Yay for Lush.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Goodness, you're SO FREAKIN' GORGEOUS! I mean, ANY lip color would look pretty on those lips! But this one is especially awesome. What a gorgeous shade of red; I would wear it. And by the way, I love your earrings.

    May the Force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this color on you. LOVE IT. As you already saw on Instagram, I found a shade of red that I really kinda like. Quite unexpectedly, too. So, yay!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥