I hench for St. Cloud

Medusa by Jenny Frison:: Blood Superman by Steve Seeley
modHero goodies by Rogan Josh
I pretty much missed all the comic conventions in my neck of the woods over the summer, so I was so glad that B and I recently found out about Project Comic Con. We spent most of Saturday checking out the cosplayers, talking to authors and artists about their work, and amassing as many goodies as we could afford. I had a little bit of free time to whip up a costume, and I came up with something relatively easy. I was planning on cosplaying as Asian albino henchman to Augustus St. Cloud, Pi Wai, but couldn't find a white wig to complete the ensemble. Well, at least I got the Asian part down. 

I didn't actually get a lot of photos because I was too preoccupied acquiring swag. B bought me the gorgeous Medusa print by the super sweet and talented Jenny Frison, and we finally got the Superman print to complete the set. (We got the Batman one a couple years back) I'm most excited about the modHero prints because I have LOVED Rogan Josh's stuff forever. I got 4 mini postcard prints, but I know I'll be getting more to decorate my home once I figure out placement and stuffz. There are just too many great ones to pass up. I also got a few trades and old single issues that are sure to keep me busy for a while. My favorite read, so far, has been Galacta: Daughter of Galactus

♥♥♥
BLOGLOVIN :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: PINTEREST :: INSTAGRAM




14 comments:

  1. You look awesome, love that!! And it's so cool you got to go. I would have been getting swag as well & not worrying on photos!! Am glad you had a great time. I hope your week is just as fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Superman print is pretty sweet. I love the bandana over his face. I am pretty ignorant about comics, but I like learning about them through you. I never knew there were so many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome - and that Medusa print is amazing!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the costume. Question about the prints... I've loved tons of prints before, but I'm not sure how to display it. How do you display yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loads of wonderful goodies, I see! I love the costume, so much fun! I also love the Medusa print. x/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to a comic con! Someday! I love your costume!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outfit is so cute Laura! I love it!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would looovee to read all those comics :3 I love comics! Your Cloud ensemble is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit! Comic Cons are much bigger in the US.

    That Medusa print is gorgeous also :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You found so much awesome stuff! The Superman print is cracking me up. I keep going back to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a great time! You look so cute, and I love the sexy-librarian/undercover-superhero quality of your glasses :)

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥