Jubilation Lee

Happy Tuesday-Monday! It's been a slow start day for me, even though I've already been up for hours and have consumed a giant mug of strong Irish breakfast tea. It's probably because I stayed up a little bit later last night catching up on last week's comics and sneaking in a few hours of video games. This past weekend has been the ultimate relaxing break (mostly for B, I just tagged along), and we pretty much just lied around, reading and noshing.  

I was feeling really crappy because the weather is getting really wonky, you guys. Mornings start out to be a chilly 50 something and then it gets up to almost 100 by mid-afternoon. It's been headaches and head colds for this gal, and I'm really hoping the weather gets its act together and stabilizes soon. I can't take any more waffling! 
We finally made it to Seoul Taco, and I was so glad to finally get some Korean BBQ fare in my belly. I love Korean food. Growing up, one of my neighbors was Korean, and I spent many an afternoon being fed some of the nummiest treats while my friend and I drew and tagged (or at least attempted to)  and whatever else we did to while away the time.  

B opted for the quesadilla, which was hot and yummy and topped with the most delicious of sauces. I was planning on trying their famous tacos, but as soon as I saw a rice option, I had to get that instead. I'm so predictable, aren't I? 
Like my earrings? I was reading Brian Wood's X-men (one of only 2 current X titles worth reading, in my opinion) a few days ago and had to make myself some Jubilee earrings. They were a quick Shrinky Dinks (remember those?) job, and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. I also made some Storm earrings which I wore to the park

I think they look pretty swanky with my Hank Co. shirt, which I'm wearing again. No surprises there. This time, though, someone actually recognized it and complimented my impeccable taste in tees! I was so flummoxed that I almost "Go Team Venture-V'd" her. 
Hank Co. tee: Venture Bros shirt club :: cardigan: thrifted :: bodycon: Forever 21::
Jubilee earrings: DIY :: bow flats: Liz Claiborne 
 
♥♥♥
BLOGLOVIN :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: PINTEREST :: INSTAGRAM

17 comments:

  1. The earrings came out really well...your craftiness never ceases to impress me.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that quesadilla looks super yummy. Now I'm hungry! And yes, crazy weather indeed. Hope it gets better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KOREAN FOOD, YUM. Also, I hate it when the weather waffles, too. Drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHRINKY DINKS!!! I loved them!! The earrings are great! I hope the weather gets better soon. It's like that here though too right now-cool in the AM , and then really hot in the afternoon. I hate that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sauces on that quesadilla look super tasty, and I love your earrings! Glad you got to enjoy a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a fabulous weekend! I absolutely love your earrings. Shrinky Dinks - haven't played with those in ages. You always eat some delicious food too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, that blue looks amazing on you! That's your color. Love those flats too :) The food looks so delicious.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww love the outfit. super cute and the earrings kudos on making those! sounds like a very laid back weekend which is what i think everyone needed. i too hate this weather. it's cold in the morning and then in the afternoon it has been hitting the high 90's. not to mention it's so humid in l.a i had head colds the whole afternoon yesterday and it was not fun. tons of water and ibuprofen later i finally felt a bit better.

    i love korean food. i want to start learning how to make it myself. my favorite has got to be anything with kimchee. this one place here makes kimchee fried rice and it is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhh the food looks amazing! I'm totally in the mood for Korean BBQ right now!!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a little jealous of your relaxing weekend. I feel like I have constantly been on the go lately. Your outfit looks great. I love your flats and your DIY earrings.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking swanky! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the small details Laura. Those earrings and shoes are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That food looks so delicious! I wish I had a weekend like yours. I had to work on Saturday and Sunday at the Decatur Book Festival, which always takes place the same weekend as Dragon Con in Atlanta - have you ever been?

    I hope the weather improves for you. It's just been hot, hot, and hot here. You look amazing and would never be able to tell you weren't feeling 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love shrink plastic! Art Mart carries it for $8 a pack in their awesome kids art section of the store.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous doll, love this blue :))) And this food, goodness, it would be gone, haha :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow food looks so good...cute outfit!!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥