Milkmaid Braids

This tutorial has been a long time coming! Up until I got tons of layers in my hair, I usually put it up to get it out of the way, and milkmaid braids are one of the cutest, easiest updos I know to execute. All you need are a brush, a couple of hair elastics, and a few bobby pins. Since my hair is really thick, I end up using quite a handful of those!
Step 1: Brush yo hair. 
Step 2: Divide your hair into 2 sections. 
Step 3: Braid each section, leaving as little hair in the ends as possible. Secure each braid with an elastic.
Step 4: Take one braid and wrap it along the side of your head. Secure the braid with bobby pins. I usually clip a couple on the tip of my braid and one or two around the middle part of the braid.
Step 5:: Take the other braid and wrap it around the other side of your head. Try to hide the tip and elastic of the first braid under the second braid. Again, secure with as many hair clips as you think is needed to hold the braid secure.
And you're done!

♥♥♥

16 comments:

  1. So pretty. I've been wanting to do this to my hair since it's gotten a bit longer now. Must try soon :) You look fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So easy! I need my hair to grow out now so I can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I had long hair!!! Seriously though - this looks so cute on you. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this style, and it looks pretty simple to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so fun, wish my hair was long enough to manage it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! I think you should do Princess Leia hair for me next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so great! I want my hair to look like this when I try milkmaid braids. haha. I have thick hair too but it's slightly layered so a lot of strands stick out. lol. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, Laura! I'm slowly getting more into hair stuff now that my hair is growing out, but I'm both unskilled and lazy, LOL. More tutorials, please! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you look so cute! You wear them well Laura.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this!! great tutorial
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com
    stop by if ya get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great on you Laura. It's easier when you get the hang of it. Happy Friday! /Madison

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE these milkmaid braids on you! I love them on other people - my mom wore them throughout the 70s - but I don't feel gutsy enough to pull them off myself.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥