Spider Bites

Lately, I haven't gotten out of the house much, being knee deep in filling orders and job applying (though not very much). So when my good friend J called last week to announce that he was coming down to visit, I pretty much saw that as an opportunity to finally play with makeup and dress up in non-jammies. I wore this outfit to pick him up from the station and would have taken better pictures if it weren't for the hordes of hockey fans directing their curious glances at me. But you get the idea, right? Layers and boots, ya'll. AND I even threw in a scarf! I could have probably gotten away with another jacket or tights since it was mighty chilly AND I ended up getting spider bites all over my calves. -_-
As for my makeup, I've been obsessed with using lighter shadows underneath my eyes to brighten them up. This look I'm wearing is a darker version of this look. I used a black liner to draw a very dramatic and thick winged eye and topped it with Gunmetal from Urban Decay. And on the insides of my eyes I used a combination of Zephyr and Midnight Cowgirl also from UD. I like to keep everything else at the minimum because I knew we were going out to grab some drinks, and I am not ever in control of my makeup when that happens. Happily, everything stayed put! No creases, no mascara tears, no foundation melting off, no disasters! Just the spider bites on my calves. -_-
silk shirt: thrifted :: green jacket: vintage :: studded booties, bodycon dress: Forever 21:: 
leopard print scarf: selfmade
Pin It!

21 comments:

  1. Spider bites!?! No no...I don't like spiders. Ouch! You look lovely, it is great to get out of the house and do something fun, am glad you went. Have a gorgeous weekend doll x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the spider bites....but you look adorable!!!! I love that coat.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor leggies. Hope none of the bites are bothering you too much! The outfit was super cute, though. I just got a cardigan not too long ago in a similar minty green-ish that your coat appears to be. I know it's not really a "fall" color, but it's long sleeve so I have to think the people who made it knew that people wouldn't be wearing it much in the summer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! I can relate to being in the house a lot and taking each opportunity to go out as an excuse to dress up. I wore a dress and heels to the grocery store yesterday, lol. I recently quit my day job and have been trying to "make it" blogging but adjusting to working from home is tougher than I anticipated. Ah well, we do it because we love it, right?

    Always been a fan of your blog; keep up the awesome work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely, and such pretty makeup colours on you. Too bad about the spider bites, that's no fun! xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your makeup looks so lovely! Light shades can be really nice sometimes! I also love the jacket! Sorry to hear about the spider bites though - that sounds like no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so fab, Laura! I love the makeup and that shade of green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, that sucks about the bites! Love the look, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your makeup is LOVELY! I really love the lighter shade on the bottom like that! So pretty! Poor legs though! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the jacket! Bummer about the spider bites though! =(
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I don't have to leave the house all day you can bet I'll be in my pajamas the entire day. It's always great to have an excuse to wear real clothes and pretty makeup. I love how your makeup turned out. Urban Decay is the best. Your green cardigan is the prettiest color too! I really like how the leopard print scarf looks with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh Laura! I had one spider bite me on my toe and it swelled up. Glad you didn't have a reaction. You looked great. Be careful doll.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really like your eye makeup! it's perfect for both night and day! i hope you are ok from all those nasty spider bites!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice, fall outfit! I love the layering that you did, and how you chose a color that still reflects a little bit of summer :) I absolutely love the make up too, especially the eye make up. You're going to have to do a tutorial of how to draw the perfect winged edge, because I always end up looking like a raccoon with my attempts! hehe

    Christy
    Sunnywithasideof...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouch, spider bites sound like a pain! But you look so beautiful, and I love seeing your new makeup, that looks awesome on you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is always nice to have a day of dress up and fun, I know how you feel about not getting out of the house very much, I spend a lot of time at home in my pajamas. Spider bites, ajfdsjkfds, spiders creep me out so much (and fascinate me at the same weird ol' time). I really adore your makeup, it looks gorgeous on you, and this outfit is divine.

    <3Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always nice to get dressed up and put some makeup on. Looking good, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. spider bites are the worst! hope them calves are ok! i really like the look of greens and leopard...something i have been wanting to try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you had the opportunity to dress up Laura, you look so pretty! I love how you added color to this outfit with the green jacket. Also, I'm obseeeessed with your makeup!! I gotta try that look myself someday!!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥