Summer Green

I don't particularly miss Illinois, but I look fondly at the times spent in these Illinois parks. The first two pictures were taken in Allerton Park, somewhere in the acres and acres of greenery, gardens, and mansions. In the times I've visited, I looped through mazes, got bitten by numerous bugs, rolled down hills, and picked sour grapes I'm positive were illegal to pick. 

The last picture was taken in one of the neighborhood parks that boasted live music during the summer weekends and had a billion gazebos one could shelter in when the rains came for a short visit. Many books were read, many a picnic fare shared, and many a summer day whiled. 
♥♥♥
BLOGLOVIN :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: PINTEREST :: INSTAGRAM

12 comments:

  1. I really like the second photo with the trees. Oh how I will miss summer greenery in the next month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful park :) i like that i live in a 4 seasons area

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I want to roll around on the ground in the first picture. Because I am apparently a dog now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part of the reason I love Seattle so much is also for the greenspace that is coveted and encouraged here. Partially for Dennison, and partially just for us. Gotta love trees and greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful, serene place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, I love all the greenery! Reading in the park during the summer is the best :)

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the parks in the US around housing and such - they certainly don't exist to the extent that they do here in the UK. Although the one closest to us is really lacking in tree coverage so I avoid it during the summer which is a shame because it's a nice place to get out too, but without shade it's a no no.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when cities have lots of green space! It's a must for me to go outside and walk and it's so much better for the soul when there's green around not just concrete!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love parks! ours took a hit with hurricane katrina, so they're still trying to come back to the beauties they were. lovely pics Laura.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty! i feel like our parks here do not that have much greenery! lol. i definitely need to take more pictures outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love spending time outdoors during the summer. I would hate not having a park where I could sit and read nearby.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥