Thank You.

Let me start this post with a humongous THANK YOU to all of you who took the time to share your love and support. I am so floored by how many of you commented, emailed, and messaged me words of encouragement over the weekend. I am feeling a lot better now thanks to your contagious positivity! I started this blog two years ago not expecting the support I get from such an amazing community. You guys inspire me to keep my head up and never give up. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 
Like I said I would, I took time off from the interwebs and applying for jobs over the weekend and focused on enjoying my hobbies. If you follow on Instagram, you may already know that I stopped by our local comic book shop to pick up our weekly pull list, but I also treated myself to a new trade (Teen Titans by Geoff Johns, in case you're curious!) and a few old titles. I spent the rest of Saturday alternating between reading and playing even more Dragon's Crown. B and I also tried the sandwiches and salads at Russell's Cafe, a great cafe nestled in a great, artsy neighborhood. 
I got 1/2 of the BLAT- bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato- sandwich with half a serving of their Kitchen Sink salad. Even after shoveling forkful after forkful of deliciousness in my mouth, I barely made a dent in my order and ended up taking more than half of this home! 

It's been so long since I wore this panda skirt, last seen here, but I swear, it's one of my favorites because of the print and the pleats. I got the fabric from a local shop in Illinois that sells the cutest fabric ever. If I could afford to, I would definitely buy them out! Wearing this has also definitely inspired me to start making more skirts to wear and finally start using up the yards and yards of fabric I've hoarded!
panda skirt: selfmade :: ruffle tank: gifted:: cardigan, flatforms: Urban Outfitters
lipstick: Decisive by Lush


♥♥♥
BLOGLOVIN :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: PINTEREST :: INSTAGRAM

22 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling in better spirits! This panda skirt totally made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better and took a little time for yourself this weekend! And, wow, that skirt!!!!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your last post, so sorry you're feeling that way. I went through the same thing a few weeks back. It sucks when you put all your time and effort into a CV and it never gets noticed especially when you know that you are perfect for the job! I remember applying to a job that I wasn't even sure I could do at all and figured they wouldn't hire me, but I was hired and I worked there for 3 years! So this time around I do the same, apply, let go, and apply to something else.

    I'm glad you took time off to do the things that relax you, maybe it was just all too taxing, best to ease yourself back into it and just keep at it. :) *hugs*

    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things are looking up a bit! Sounds like a great weekend, just what the doctor ordered!

    And can I say, I LOVE your panda skirt. Super adorable. And also that BLAT looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word that sarnie looks insanely good and making me very hungry just looking at it! Glad things are looking brighter for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BLAT makes me giggle. I like to order LT's (lettuce and tomato) sometimes and servers always think I'm a nutso. Sometimes a girl just wants someone else to make her lettuce and tomato on some toast, though, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look positively radiant, Laura! Your makeup is gorgeous, as well :) That meal looks so yummy - I love places where you can get a little bit of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh really cute skirt!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable skirt!

    Stay in there with the job, sometimes it takes a little time for the right one to come along :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outfit :) your skirt is so crazily cute, I want one!

    Great post and blog - I am now following you via Facebook :)

    Hailes<3

    Click here to check out my blog – Hailes Hearts Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit = awesome. Nothing lifts your mood like a panda skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your blog,wow awesome Definitely following!!,here is my loved blog,i think maybe you are love too:

    Fashion Jewelry Store
    Silver Jewelry
    Crystal Jewelry
    Pearl Jewelry
    black tahitian pearl

    Keep in touch,best wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so awesome to see a smile on that beautiful face! Glad you're feeling better Laura. We all get like that. Love your makeup and that panda dress is the cutest. LOVE IT!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm happy you're feeling better. And you look awesome, your skirt is the cutest <3
    x, Lara
    http://laralizard.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  15. feeling better is so awesome !!!!! so cute outfit....those panda ...even the pendant :D KAwaii

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh...you look insanely awesome!!! I adore this skirt, i want one, haha!!! Fantastic you made that!! Am very pleased you feel better, all will be grand doll!! Have a stellar day xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man this outfit is absolutely perfect and adorable. I think I need a panda skirt in my life because yours is wonderful. I love the ruffled shirt you paired with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your makeup is flawless. Perfect palette for the skirt too.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥