White Chocolate Matcha Cookies

I love green tea (matcha) anything. Green tea mochi, green tea cake, green tea tea-- I want it all. I've never experimented baking with it until recently, and I think like 'em in my baked goods better than in my cup! I've made these cookies a couple of times, and they've always delighted. B, who isn't much of a green tea fan, actually really loves them and asks me to make them all the time. I used white chocolate instead of milk or dark because the flavor it lends is milder and complements the earthy flavor of the matcha. I simply chopped up a white chocolate bar and threw it in the mix. 
Fellow matcha aficionados know that a little bit of green tea goes a long  way. So if you feel like 3/4 Tablespoon is not enough for your tastes, please, restrain yourself and try it first before tweaking this recipe and adding more. Any more than that and it might be too grassy for your tastes. If you're lucky enough to live near an Asian foods market, you'll have no problem getting matcha powder. Just make sure that you're getting the powder and not the leaves. I've also used the Republic of Tea matcha powder, which is quite spendy, but you get a lot of tea for the price. These cookies also require a bit of cooling before serving or else you'll end up with some really soft and somewhat floppy cookies. Restraint and a bit of patience, you guys. 
White Chocolate and Matcha Cookies
makes about 20 small cookies
Ingredients:
100 g butter, softened at room temperature
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
a pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 Tablespoon matcha powder
1 1/4 all purpose flour
1 4oz bar of white chocolate, chopped
Splash of milk, if needed

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a bowl, combine floud, baking soda, salt, and matcha
3. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add just a splash of milk. 
5. Using two spoons, drop the cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms are slightly golden. The tops may still look raw, but they'll cook while cooling.
6. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving

♥♥♥
BLOGLOVIN :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: PINTEREST :: INSTAGRAM

14 comments:

  1. YUM! Anything with white chocolate is a winner for me. These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they sound delicious, I haven't really baked much with white chocolate as milk is normally my go too, I need to embrace the white chocolate more methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! I am also a big fan of matcha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried matcha before but it sounds delicious based on your description. I love an earthy taste sometimes, there's something real natural to it, and I'm sure cookies make it even more yummy! I'll have to try it! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried baking with matcha, but it sure looks good! I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I need to try those!!! :) Thanks for sharing the recipe! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, those look so good! Sell baked goods in your Etsy shop! :D Love your new layout! You kill me with the variety, because I always love everything you do. Very nice.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. As crazy as it sounds I have never tried green tea before. I do love white chocolate though.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love it all :)))) They look so yummy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
    I'd love to follow you (bloglovin) and welcome to visit my
    blog about fashion - KatherineUnique.blogspot.com .


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
  11. i like green tea anything, too! together with the white chocolate, it sounds really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These sound awesome Laura and I have been wondering what to do with my matcha powder - thanks for the recipe!


    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥