Art for the mind, food for the body

It was a gorgeous Saturday, walking around the St. Louis Art Museum, checking out their collections. My favorite collection (so far!) has got to be the European Art collection because, well, I'm a die-hard classicist. It was glorious just ogling at paintings, sculptures, and artifacts, and I wouldn't have left if I weren't so hungry. But I am definitely going back. It's just an amazing, magical place!  
 
To nourish our tired bodies, B and I shared fried cheese curds and a couple glasses of locally brewed beer. I had a large platter of fish and chips (with malt vinegar--yum!) and a super rich S'mores parfait for dessert. Sandwiched between the cream and the thick, chocolate mousse was a layer of sweetened, crunchy graham cracker crumbs.  I don't usually fawn over sweet things, but goodness! that warm marshmallow cream is so gosh darn perfect. 
Target cardigan, dress :: Chuck Taylor kicks 
Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect time out doll, looks marvellous. Have a gorgeous week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks magical! When I saw the first pic I thought you were in Europe somewhere. Also, s'more parfait?! That sounds like heaven in a glass! xoxo, Cath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that museum looks like a really gorgeous place! And European art is always my favourite section of a museum as well...as I'm source you can imagine.

    Courtney - http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a perfect saturday!
    i'm drooling over the fish and chips. looks so delish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I want to eat everything you just described. YUM. Also, I have been to the St. Louis Art museum, it is a really good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place! That S'mores parfait looks delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I FAWN OVER SWEET THINGS.

    And you are so cute! I love that comfy cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dessert looks SO GOOD! Love that sweater on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a pretty nice time. I love thtat cardigan Laura! Thanks for sharing your photos as well. x/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a perfect day :) I'm a sucker for almost all types of art, as long as they are well made :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice weekend! I don't even like chocolate and I am obsessed with that desert. I think it's all about the toasty-ness of the top. Little details really make or break things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pics. I love the title -- so true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. all that food looks so ridiculously good! I have never met a piece of fried fish that i didn't like....and that parfait. GOOD GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun cute dress!! I love the big buttons in the front. And the food looks amazing! I always get hungry after seeing your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously now I'm getting hungry... yum.

    Also I love this outfit. Majorly cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love a good dress + chucks combo...very cute and comfy. those fish & chips (more the chips) look delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmm that food looks scrumptious. And B wonders why I *needed* to register for a kitchen blowtorch?

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥