My Lush Essentials

In the last few months, I've been trying out lots of products to incorporate into my daily regimen. Is it a surprise that I've Lush-ed out? Ever since I picked up this red lipstick from them, I've been enticed to keep on coming back, if not for their moisturizing bars and creams, it's their fizzy bath bombs (another post, mayhaps!) Of all the products I've tried (so far) these two are my favorites and have been staples in my cabinet. 

Cosmetic Warrior is a fresh face mask that's stored in the fridge. One 2oz container lasts me about 2 weeks, and has enough product for 4-5 treatments. After I cleanse and exfoliate, I slather a generous amount on my face and leave it there for about five minutes before washing off with warm water. The mask contains grapes, honey, egg, garlic, and tea tree oil, among other ingredients, and is designed for blemished, acne prone skin. What I love about this mask is that it's an effective spot treatment for my breakouts. Whenever I feel a zit forming, I dab a small amount around the area, leave it on overnight, and by morning, it's gotten smaller without drying out to a crusty looking spot!    
Ultrabland is a thick, creamy cleanser that works so very well as a makeup remover. The ingredients list boasts almond oil, honey, rose water, and beeswax. To use, I take a generous amount (about a quarter's size) and gently rub it all over my face (YES! even the eye areas). I remove it using a warm, damp wash cloth or paper towel. It felt weird, at first, not "washing" my face with something that lathered afterwards, but my face is always left really clean and moisturized after using this! Sometimes, when I feel like I need to exfoliate, I use half the amount just as a makeup remover and follow with a cleanser (my current one is Let the Good Times Roll). But most of the time, I just use Ultrabland, especially in the evening. 

Have you tried either of these products from Lush? What are your Lush essentials?  
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I have never tried either of these, but I think it's cool you store it in the fridge. It would probably feel nice and cool when you apply it. My skin is part dry and part oily. Would it work with my skin type?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a huge LUSH junkie, I had many of there products - and then they left the Macy's stores in my area. There is one standalone LUSH store at the Mall of America but it's not super close for me to get to. And you can't order the fresh face masks online - which were my favorites! I do still love their bath bombs and soaks though and usually ask for a few for Christmas for a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should totally post about the bath bombs! I have a general idea about them from just being a Lush fangirl, but I don't have a bathtub (and I'm also just not a bath person) so I haven't ever used one. The fun-colored water is still intriguing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Ultrabland sounds like something I'd like! Although my Pond's Cold Cream does the same thing, but I love LUSH so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally am gaga over Lush products but for some reason have never tried their facial line. Reading about your products sure makes me want to try them for myself. Especially the cleanser!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I love LUSH, especially their bath bombs, bubble bars and bath melts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this sounds so AMAZING :) I love how you can put it in the fridge and feel all spa-like :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh. I have never tried Lush products! I think I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lush, though I haven't been in one in a while. Must go sometime. I always loved the bath bombs, never tried these ones before, will have to give them a go :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think that's great you found something that doesn't dry out your zits! that's almost as bad as having one to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooolala, Laura! I'm so a lush fan too, but I've never tried these two. I'm putting them on my list. The only thing I have in constant use is their lemon nail butter (smells so good). I love how most of their ingredients are organic and mostly natural, though I wish they would kick the parabens out of some of them. Harumph. I'll definitely check out these two next time I'm in Lush.
    xoxox, Lar

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥