Saucy Celebration

You guys, it's been a very busy week! I started my new job on Monday, and my routine has pretty much been: wake up early, go to work, come home, and plop all night. Yeah, I said it. I just veg out in front of the TV, watching episode after episode of Breaking Bad or reading mindless fiction. And guess what.... I love it. :)

A little bit about the job! As you probably already know, I've been hard at applying for a few months now, and it's been a rough, miserable, demoralizing experience. Talking about it and reaching out with readers has definitely helped me regain my confidence, and for that (and more) I really thank you all. Seriously, I wish I could have a party and invite you all so I can give you loads of hugs!

After I wrote this post, I decided to sit myself down and take a long, hard look at myself, my interests, my skills. Up until that point, I had been applying to tons of academic administration and student support jobs, and hadn't gotten any kind of response. Then, it dawned on me that I would be much happier working a more creative job, even though it would be unrelated to my training and education. So, I started applying to those kinds of jobs. I immediately felt more motivated writing cover letters and revamping my resume. And, just like that, I started getting inquiries and interviews! A couple of weeks ago, I accepted an offer from a marketing/advertising company and started work this week. And I am loving every moment of it. It's a corporate job, and I cannot believe that I'm this excited about getting my own cubicle, but I am!
To celebrate my offer, I donned this cat dress and bought myself some Korean tacos. Because I find there is no better way to celebrate than stuff my face with spicy, beefy, cheesy goodness. As I stepped out of the restaurant, I got a few stares from passers-by, probably because I paired the dress with my cat hat OR possibly because I had taco sauce all over my face. 
H&M cat dress :: thrifted floral shirt :: Chinese Laundry plush socks::
felt cat hat :: Urban Outfitters oxfords 
Pin It!

28 comments:

  1. What's so wonderful - I'm crazy happy for you (and crazy jealous of that awesome dress)!!!!!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so happy for you doll, that is amazing!! Well done you, I hope it's a fantastic job and you enjoy it!! I love this dress :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and that you found something that pushes your buttons in the work force. Now you can decorate your cubicle with some cute Hello Kitty things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new job, it sounds perfect for you! Love the kitty cat dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the job! That sounds wonderful, I'm so glad you are enjoying it so far! Your cat dress is too cute! And your evenings pretty much sound like ours, we zone out to TV shows too and you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have a mini party for you. The attendees on my end will be myself and perhaps 2 of my ferrets. The third will not be allowed because he bit me the other day and he and I are not speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the job! Loving that dress - tis very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you Laura!! Congrats! You deserve it! And creative is so much better! HAve a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I am so happy for you that you found a job you love and followed your passion. Way to go, Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on getting a new job Laura! My search is still on, maybe I should sit down and start assessing myself too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome, Laura! I'm so happy for you! Everything sounds like it's going to work out fabulously! I'd love to hear more about your application processes if you have the time to shoot me an email sometime ;) I feel like I can't move out of my field...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Congrats on your new job and I'm glad to hear that you're loving it so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Laura! I know you've worked hard for this. You look so cute. I'll be doing the same as Cassy G and throwing a mini-party for you over here. I don't have ferrets to include as guests, but I might be able to find a badger in the garden?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new job and yum...tacos. I love tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratulations on your new job, Laura!
    even happier to hear you're happy with work.
    love the cat dress! (soooo cuuuuteee) :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your dress

    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    twitter & instagram : @fashionrlounge
    Fashion room lounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the job! That dress is so amazing and I love it paired with the cat hat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cat print? How cute! Looks really great with the hat too.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats again on the job! I'm glad you are enjoying it:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not sure if I said this before since my FB has been messing up quite a lot, but congrats love! I'm so, so happy for you! ♥ And what a pretty outfit, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay job! And that dress is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so happy for you. I hope you new goes amazing for you and that you are so successful at it. Cross your fingers that I get a new job soon too.

    I love the adorable cat print you are wearing.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  23. congratulations on the new job! the cat dress and korean tacos is the perfect way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  24. congrats on the new job! So, i guess there is hope for me too! Also, love your new layout! SUPERCUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super congratulations on the new job! Also, people who don't know that cat dresses and hats coordinate... there's just not words.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm behind on reading but congrats on the job! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥