Scandalous Turquoise

My search for the perfect blue shadow beckoned me to pick up the Scandal Eyes Shadow Stick from Rimmel in the shade Tempting Turquoise. I intended to redo my Mako Mori look with this shadow, but after swiping this on my eyes, I decided I'd like to try something more daring and out of my comfort zone. 
The consistency is extremely creamy and the color is very vivid. Cream shadows usually slide off my oily lids, so I was very pleased that this stayed pretty much all day with only a primer underneath.  To achieve this look, I outlined my eyes with the shadow stick, extending the edges out a bit to form a wing shape. Then, using a stiff angle brush, I drew a wing inside the outline and filled it in with black shadow. (I used Stiletto from Too Faced) Two coats of mascara and a swipe of gloss finish the look!
Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Tempting Turquoise:: Too Faced eye shadow in Stiletto :: 
Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. So pretty Laura! I swear you look great in any color. If I tried this I would look like a clown, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! This is exactly the colour I was going for when I bought Gosh's aqua liquid liner. It was almost this bright on my hand but is very dark on my eyes. I so want to try this now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing!!!!! I love the colour on you.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh pretty!! This is a very bright shade but it looks fantastic on you! Looks like it's simple to apply too, which I like with makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this, Laura! So bright and cheerful! I'm amazed that it stayed put! I may have to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! It's so bright and amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that color! it looks so good on your skin tone. i totally wish i could pull off out of the box makeup like that but i'd look a fool! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a blue liner sitting in my make up bag. I've tried out at least one look with it but it didnt come out the way it should! I love how yours really pops im sooo jelly! Maybe ill grab that liner tomorrow and play with it a bit more! :D maybe a tutorial is on the horizon? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a bold look! Blue is one of my favorite colors, but I've never been daring enough to try it as eyeliner as much as I want to. This convinces me I just have to give it a try. You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make blue eyeliner look so artsy and beautiful! I always end up looking like Mimi from the Drew Carey show, lol. I am obsessed with Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara, btw! It's really good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice look! Goes so beautifully with your eyes ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this color on you. Like if I could make those letters bigger, I would. And what is with all this flawless skin lately? Larie and now you. I feel so wrinkly and pore-y, haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. About to check if they have it in black or dark brown! :)

    JanLoves

    ReplyDelete
  14. retro and awesome!
    love this color with your earrings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I have your skill when it comes to putting make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll have to check this out, it's bold and reallyl great on you. I love the result! xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful makeup, suites you perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥