Watercolor villains

This year's Disney Villains collection from e.l.f. is all over the interwebs. It's not hard to see why everyone's obsessing over the gorgeous watercolor artwork in the packaging! The whole collection (available exclusively at Walgreens) spans the gamut: eyelash sets, nail art sets, hair accessories, and inspired makeup palettes. 

I finally was able to make my way to a Walgreens last week and was actually quite disappointed with most of the collection save for this 12-piece nail polish set (which I got on sale for 25% off!) I thought the rest of the collection was cheap and tacky, to be honest. It really is the packaging that sells it. I've used loads of e.l.f. products over the years, and I will have to say, though, that their nail polishes are really great. It may take a few coats, but the colors are vibrant and last quite a while! I just make sure I always use a base and top coat too. 

Each of the villains: Maleficent, Cruella De Vil, Ursula, and The Evil Queen, gets 3 half-sized polishes that best portray their characters. I actually prefer them this size because I can never get through a normal container anyway. It's hard to choose a favorite set since there's always one from each that I end up liking more than the others and also one from each that I don't like at all. But here they are!
Cruella De Vil (L-R):: Nude, Smokin Hot, Smoky Brown
Evil Queen (L-R):: Pot of Gold, Thunderstorm, Cranberry
Ursula (L-R):: Coral Dream, Mint Cream, Sea Escape
Maleficent (L-R):: Bubblegum Pink, Mauve, Gina Girl

I thought the best composed sets were Cruella De Vil's and The Evil Queen's, and I am a bit miffed that Maleficent's was lacking the in toxic green department. I mean, "bubblegum pink," really? Though, all in all, I'm happy I got this nail set. Nail swatches to come soon!

Have you tried anything from the e.l.f. Disney Villains collection?
Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. I haven't tried these collections but by looking at the colors, I like Cruella's colors the best. I thought only Target sold e.l.f. products! You learn something new everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't but I want to! I like the Ursula colors (and I'm a huge Little Mermaid fan) and the Evil Queen ones are pretty good too. I might have to try and find these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've haven't tried these yet, but I like the looks of the Ursula and Maleficent colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so right on the "lacking in toxic green" rant. some green would make it a better composition.
    i like the cruella de vill set the best, too.
    i haven't tried their nail polishes, but these look fabulous - better than some salon brands' new collections, actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty cool. But I agree with you - why is pink in Maleficent's set? What is that about?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!!!!! Can I have it all?

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohh...I love these...amazing!! It's good to see the villians get some product time, haha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love e.l.f.'s makeup so much, but have not tried their nail varnish at all.The colours look pretty. :-) /Madison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I'm definitely ordering one of these sets, evil queen looks incredible!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think we even get those in Finland, but they do look kinda nice. Of course, like you said, they could be better :) Can't wait your swatches, though ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Ursula one is actually prettier than I thought it would be, good buys on all of these, though! My Walgreens never seems to get anything interesting in. Haven't seen any of the Disney Villains stuff yet. From what I have seen online, though, I am not really sure I would get anything anyway. I was thinking the fake last sets, but online I feel like they look kind of cheap (I know they ARE cheap, but like... junky cheap)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i haven't seen any elf products here, but i love the look of the packaging! can't decide which i like best as they all have a color i like in them...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I admire the marketing savvy behind these. Nail polish ads have come a long way. Those Essie ones, with the polish dripping over an object? Love em!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥