Since you asked...

I had the longest day at work, so the writing juices have pretty much dried out. Thank goodness Courtney asked how I'm liking my job thus far, giving me fodder for today's post. I'm only on week 4, but I am really liking my new job a lot. Like, a lot lot. Like I mentioned before, I work for an advertising/marketing company, so I work with a lot of different people in a deadline-driven environment. Everyone is so nice and helpful though, and I absolutely love being immersed in such a creative and lively place. "Important" things like dress code and hours are very relaxed, which I am immensely grateful for especially since, at the moment, B and I still share a car. A daily routine is impossible to map since each day is so different from the next. But I basically analyze and problem solve all day long, which is totally my cup of tea!     
I picked up this necklace and this cardigan last weekend and couldn't resist wearing them together. I've been wanting a "tribal" print cardigan for the longest time, but haven't been able to find one that ended right on my hip-- any longer and it would engulf me. Now I am obsessed and convinced that I need to find even more!
Cotton Emporium cardigan:: Rue 21 bodycon dress:: Urban Outfitters snake belt::
HUE tights:: Forever 21 boots:: 

Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. Am really pleased you are enjoying your new job doll, nothing worse than hating to go into work!! You look super x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so cute. I love it when you find a piece and are so happy with it that there's not even a chance of buyers regret. I know it's probably going to sound weird that I'm so excited for you to have found such a great job that you're really enjoying, but I am! The job sounds like it requires quickness of wit and stamina beyond anything I possess. To be able to endure working in something that sounds so flashy makes me beam with happiness for you. It's such a wonderful feeling when something in our professional lives comes together so beautifully. Good luck Laura! We're all cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is perfection! The cardigan is pretty awesome. Glad to hear things are going well at work. You gotta be love a job that you actually enjoying going to everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your new job is going well! I'm actually jealous, it sounds amazing. You worked so hard to find it, though, so you deserve something awesome and not another junky retail job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am both happy to have provided fodder and pleased that you're liking the job! Also, I totally want to borrow that cardigan - it's awesome!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm glad to hear you're happy with your job!
    and today you look posh yet a bit edgy with those accessories.
    so both mono tones and vivid work for you? lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that your new job is going well. Your hair looks awesome in these pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you love your job! That is so wonderful!! And I love this tribal print sweater, it's definitely something on my wish list right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's so great that you are loving your job and the environment you are in! i used to be in a job where i loved it but the environment was just really really bad. i love your cardigan! that print is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for you. Having a job you love is so important. I hope I find one myself soon. Your cardigan is beautiful and you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your new job is going well! That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful shape the cardi has. A great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cardigan! :)

    http://dreamybubblebee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard that most ad agencies have more relaxed dress codes and I think that's awesome. I'm so glad you're really liking your new job! It's much better to enjoy working somewhat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy for you!! And I love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great that you're loving your job, having that hate feeling on the way to work is awful - i've experienced it a couple of times myself!

    Loving the cardigan, looks so toasty warm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you like your new job. That's so important!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing an update on the job, I'm soooo happy for you! I hope it continues to bring much fulfillment. I'm really digging your glasses, which really pop against your gorg cardigan. I know you've worn in them in other posts, but I don't think I've ever commented on them!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥