Thanksgiving Relaxation

I'm taking it a lot easy this Thanksgiving weekend, pretty much just kicking it back and relaxing at home with B and the kitties. I have a stack of comics to get through as well as some custom orders to fulfill, and I'm trying to finish knitting myself a new scarf. I'm such a rubbish knitter though, so I'm afraid it's going to take me weeks to finish this project.

Fellow Americans, how was your Thanksgiving? B and I spent all of Thursday in our jammies, cooking up a storm. By the time all the food was ready, I was too tired to eat a hefty serving. But in the interest of keeping with tradition, I forged on and even had a slice of pumpkin pie. After stuffing myself, I lazed about watching movies on Netflix, then promptly fell asleep around midnight. Good times.
Though the interwebs makes it easy to come up with new ideas for Thanksgiving noms, we here at Casa de Worldly Delights like to keep with the classics: turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed (sweet) potatoes, cornbread, stuffing, green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie. Since B and I are snobs, we made everything from scratch except for those darn, crunchy, fried onions (which I tried doing before, but it just doesn't taste as good!)
I hope you all have something amazing planned for the weekend. I'm thinking about getting a Christmas tree and some cards as well as maybe take a peek in the stores for some new shoezies. I've got "real wingtips" on my wishlist even though I am pretty much smitten with these ones I already own. 
eShakti bird top :: GAP jacket :: Forever 21 bodycon skirt :: 
Urban Outfitters oxfords
Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. I like the black and white in your shirt. I missed cranberry at my thanksgiving this year. It was sad.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had several thanksgiving meals, thanks to all the family i have. i'm craving salad now. i can't believe i just typed that. who is this girl? ;)
    love the tights, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good thanksgiving - I totally missed out this year, we were travelling over Canadian thanksgiving and then no one here celebrates American thanksgiving. I'm going to make up for it with at least three Christmas dinners!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bird shirt is adorable. It almost looks like a dress with the skirt! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MINT!!! Love that jacket! And I love how you paired it with the tights! So cute!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and B! And the kitties too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your top! thanksgiving is a time for gorging on yummy eats! happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bird top - and the mint jacket! Too fun! I'm glad to hear you're getting some relaxing time this weekend! My Thanksgiving was quite lovely, lots of food, too much food, but good. Hoping to get to the tree yet this weekend too, Christmas is coming quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Thanksgiving spread looks like it was delish! I just got done eating some leftovers. Mostly stuffing, my mom makes some awesome stuffing and she always does a special meat-free pan for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfit is precious doll, love the colours. Am glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving time, the food looks lush!! Happy December doll...Christmas time, wooo ;))) xx

    The Dainty Dolls House

    ReplyDelete
  10. food looks amazingly delicious!! your thanksgiving sounds so relaxing. exactly how it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. soo adorable, love your high bun. all that food looks delish! hope you had a great time! :) xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving Laura, the food looks delish!! And I looooove this outfit on you, so many cute colors!!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥