The dork that I am

I'd like to start by just stating how hard it is to balance working and blogging regularly. After dinner, I have what you would think would be "ample" time to type up a post and get caught up reading my favorite blogs, but in reality, it rarely pans out that way. Lately, I've been spending a lot of that "free" time packing orders, catching up on book-reading, correspondences, and packing my lunch. Yeah, I seriously allot time at night to pack my lunch for the next day. How dorky am I? Wait, don't answer that. I'd like to not  be even more painfully aware of my dorkitude.
Speaking of dorkitude, I got this pink blazer from JCP a couple of months back, thinking it would be a great piece to wear to work. I crossed my fingers to hard that wherever I worked would allow something bright and obnoxious in their dress code. Thank the stars that my work does! but even though I was told I could wear it, I waited a few days to check out what other people wore before donning it and displaying my love for bright pink. (the dork that I am)   
Liz Claiborne jacket:: Rue 21 striped top :: Target tights:: Blowfish wedges:: GAP bag::
gifted Pashmina scarf:: Forever 21 skirt

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. You look wonderful doll, make sure you get yourself some you time, that's more important than blogging after working hard!! Love this bright pink blazer, I've only just started to like bright pink, this looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not a dork in anyway at all! I pack my lunch the night before and get my clothes laid out, etc. etc.. Working and all the other life things definitely make it hard to blog sometimes. It just means you are a big girl :) The bright pink blazer looks so good on you, especially with your dark hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! My work lets us wear pretty much whatever, too, so I take advantage of wearing things like neon tights. So much fun.

    Isn't it hard to work all the time and blog? I technically should have so much time but I get home from working on the computer all day and I just stare at my laptop like it's an evil being most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to pack my lunch the night before when I had to take a lunch to work - it saved SO much time in the morning, so you are not a dork at all! Now I live close enough to go home for lunch, but yeah, when I didn't, it was always the night before!

    I love your bright pink blazer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my kind of dork (I'm a fellow night before lunch packer)...and you look super professional and cute, simultaneously (which can be difficult to pull off). How are you liking the job, by the way?

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the word, "dorkitude"!
    a very chic and creative dork, if you're one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that jacket is great! i'm taking a break from work right now and not sure if i'll be able to keep up with blogging and catching up with blogs i love at the same time! it amazing that you still keep yourself busy doing other things. i think i used to just plop down on my bed and pass out...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bright pink! It's so awesome that you can wear it to work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's important to make time to pack your lunch! Also: Love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blazer!
    Blogging does suck up so much of our time, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many people I know and follow are finding fantastic things at JCP lately. Is it weird that I never ever think to to there bc in the past (like when I was a teen and in college) there stock kinda sucked. I haven't really been since they've undergone their big image makeover...and clearly I am missing out! That blazer is adorbs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah! This is the second post I've seen today with a bright blazer over B&W and I'm freaking loving it. You can bet I'll be finding a way to wear the combination in the near future (and as often happens, patting myself on my back for coming up with such a great outfit until I come back to your blog and remember where the inspiration came from!)

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥