Style Twins with The Mow Way: black mini skirt


It’s time for another Twin Style post with Alice of The Mow Way! Check out our first post from last week here where we styled our favorite cat dress!

For this post, we styled a black mini skirt for a casual afternoon date.  Black bodycon mini skirts are my kryptonite. I have more than a couple of these skirts stashed in my closet because I find them to be one of the easiest to wear and most flattering pieces of clothing. For this look, I went with a simple black on black, accenting the look with shades of yellow: in the leopard print of my scarf, the belt buckle, and my bright as hell tights.  
Alice brightened up her skirt with some cute florals and an awesome jacket! Though I don’t have a lot of olive/khaki stuffs in my wardrobe, I’ve been looking for a coat like hers for a long time now. I can imagine just tossing it over any outfit and looking oh so relaxed chic! And those boots! Check out her post HERE!
Can we take a moment and talk about boots? I used to dream about owning pairs and pairs of knee and thigh high boots, and, to be totally honest, when booties came into trend a few years back, I pretty much abhorred them. Now, I want tons and tons of booties (am I the only one who laughs whenever I say that?)

I spotted these boots at DSW a couple weeks ago and was on the fence about buying them (the heel is a little too high for me) but while I was trying it on, I caught a sweet, old lady checking out my gams. When she exclaimed that the shoes make my legs look super long, I gave in and bought them. What can I say? I’m a sucker for compliments. After wearing it a few times, I’m acclimating to the heel height, and these pups are actually very comfortable to wear and walk in!
I wore this outfit to a late lunch/early dinner date with B. Since I’m turning into a beer lover, we thought it only appropriate to have our date incorporate that. We’ve been exploring the different craft breweries here in St. Louis, and this time we shared a couple glasses and some yummy dishes at Square One, which is nestled in Lafayette Square. It was soooooo good!
black rivet jacket:: Forever 21 bodycon skirt:: Urban Outfitters belt:: 
selfmade leopard scarf:: Madden Girl boots
Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Love how you styled it with the yellow tights! And your lipstick is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for turning into a beer lover! My parents are so I ended up being one too. That lunch date looks like it was super tasty.
    I really love both of your outfits too. You both look so cool and cute at the same time. Your new boots are fantastic! I'm all about ankle boots. Most of the time they look better on me because I'm short. If boots cut at the wrong place it can make me look stubby but ankle boots always work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish someone did style twins stuff with me :3 !! Haha, I can see why you love bodycon skirts - you look great. Methinks I have said before that they don't suit me at all :P. Beer is yummy ;3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you both styled the outfits...and those shoes are soooo awesome!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning doll, i think you both look amazing!! Love all this food, goodness, it would be gone!! Happy Tuesday doll x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your yellow tights and boots! i love boots too. and the food. oy. making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA.

    1. I love your lipstick.
    2. I giggle when I say "booties," too. I didn't love them at first, either, but now I really do (and have...ugh...way too many pairs).
    3. I've bought shoes because a sweet woman told me they were gorgeous and asked if I was buying them...and then said I must. They ended up being the heels I wore on our wedding day :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the double style post, and your boots are fantastic. xx/ Madison

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both of your boots a lot! Booties. Nope, I can't say it seriously either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You both look great! I love your bright tights, and those boots are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you made that black pop like a ray of sunshine love! Super funky but right up my alley- living out loud to the fullest!

    Thank you for the blog visit love! Would love to get your thoughts on my latest!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfits, I love them both! Well done, ladies ♥ And all that food looks so good, I shouldn't be reading posts like this before grocery shopping, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. That food looks delicious. I haven't been out to a really great dinner in what seems like forever.

    You look beautiful. I love your colorful tights.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your boots! They contrast really nicely with the jacket and yellow tights. I've totally bought something after getting a compliment too, also from a elderly customer. When it's a salesperson, I can see right through that. Stores should get smart and start planting old ladies to compliment customers. Surefire sales.

    ReplyDelete
  15. even tho i'm more of a wine drinker now, i don't mind having an ice cold beer once in a while! love the look with the bright tights!

    Love & Sunshine Giveaway!
    Anuhea Designs Giveaway!
    Libi & LoLa Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥