Good decisions, bad decisions

On any other day, I would never think to post pictures of my pathetic sick face on the blog but:
1. I like how my hair looks here, and
2. I wanted to show off my new favorite jeans. 

Yes, you heard right. I'm wearing jeans. And I actually like them. But that topic's  for another time. For now I just want to let you know that being sick blows. I've been battling this cold+headache+cough combo for a couple days now, but I haven't been able to fully recover yet. And with my brain being all clogged with sick, I end up making some pretty awful decisions. Let me enlighten you with some of the ones I chose to make before noon today:
1. Getting up after only 5 measly hours of sleep.
2. Paying online bills on a Saturday when no customer service reps are available.
3. Not having breakfast only to feel faint 15 miles away from home in an area I know nothing about
4. For lunch, driving towards what I thought was an actual restaurant but was actually the corporate headquarters for the restaurant.
5. Visiting the (uber packed) post office on a Saturday morning
6. Visiting the (people spewing) bank on a Saturday morning, 45 minutes before they close. 
7. Thinking I'd be able to get a quick, locally sourced lunch in an super hipster-popular spot at lunchtime
8. In desperation, (and 99% hunger mode) scarfing down Chinese food without any regard for the current state of my stomach and brain 

 All before noon, folks. But hey-- my hair looks pretty here, right?
I am now home, splayed on the couch, listening to records, blogging, and wishing my head wasn't pounding. I think I'll stay in and hopefully avoid making any more bad decisions. Maybe treat myself to some online shopping? My latest interweb purchase was definitely not a bad decision:
Ain't it the cutest? I've been wanting a satchel for the longest time, and finally this mint darling from ASOS melted my heart. It's definitely a lot smaller than what I normally carry around, but I've learned that the smaller the bag, the less crap I end up toting everywhere.  

Hope you're having an illness and bad decision free weekend! I'm going to take a cat nap then try my luck again afterwards. 
Pin It!

37 comments:

  1. AWWWWW, HUGZ! I hope you feel better soon! And yes, your hair looks awesome here! AND JEANS! I can't believe it! And then that mint purse??? This post is just full of GREAT. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe I should change the title of this post to "the Tracy post" ;) I knew you'd like the mint purse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing! What an awful morning. But seriously, on the bright side, mint scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon, Laura! I agree, smaller bags are sometimes better - way less stuff to carry around and way less shoulder pain afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you've been feeling so rough - that sucks. But your hair does look killer (my sick hair always looks sicker than me so I'm a bit jealous). And, damn, those jeans and that satchel are just crazy awesome!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it about hair looking it's best when we're sick? I'm not doing my best right now and I washed my hair before bed. My hair rocks this morning! It's silky and shiny and crazy frizz free.



    Aren't satchel's awesome? Your's is super cute. I have a red one. It's massive though. And the strap is thin enough that it's semi-painful to carry around because the bags weight is too heavy for it.


    When I get a head and chest cold, I throw a dash of apple cider vinegar in a big glass of water. It tames my sneeziness, clears stuff out of my throat, soothes any soreness in my throat, and supposedly it helps boost your immune system. All good things to me. :D Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better! being sick is horrible and really messes with one's mind. I tend to crave all the bad yummy food and make a lot of stupid mistakes since I can't think straight. drink lots of water with lemon and honey! stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw, get well soon!! but im happy to hear that you found a pair of jeans that you love!! they are adorable...as is your satchel!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw my love I hope your feeling better soon, always sucks being ill but even more so when it's all cold and ikky out. Love your bag - that was certainly a wise investment, the color is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww thanks! I wish I craved something. Everything tastes like paper to me:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. right? Can't the weather be a little bit better so I can force myself to enjoy it? This winter has been rough!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you feel better soon. I love your jeans. Try to rest up.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that satchel! I wish I could carry big purses because I would totally rock that! I LOVE IT! Also, where did you get the jeans. I need em.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your satchel is the cutest! I feel you. When I'm sick I feel the need to connect through the inter webs and blog my sickness away. Get well soon, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw sweety! I hope you feel better soon, being sick sucks! However, you do look fabulous and indeed, your hair does look great! That bag is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you get better soon doll, being sick is no fun. Your hair does look pretty & I love the outfit. You take good care of yourself doll & get better xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh noo, hope you're feeling better! love our jeans too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you feel better! And you are rocking those jeans, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Huge ordeal! But feeling better now, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Feel better! Even when you're sick you look fab. Js.
    Where are your glasses from?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks! And I got my specs online from a company called Zenni optical. Must have been a couple years back already...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Been eyeing that satchel too! Love it!! One question tho, does the strap adjust long enough to wear it crossbody and not look awkward? haha

    Thanks! :)
    http://abeautysection.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! Maybe you can see from the last pic, but there is a lot more room in the strap for it to adjust to a longer length. I keep it at this length because I'm just a little over 5 feet, but it does go all the way around the front and the bag sits around mid thigh on me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow yea I didn't even notice that! Looks like plenty of room! Thank you for your reply! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute purse and jeans! And I love the story of your day - sorry it was such an ordeal, hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Isn't it fabulous? I'm glad that at least one thing looks good when I'm sick! Oh and does that mean you're sick too? POOPY! I have been looking for a satchel but didn't want to get too big of one in case I didn't end up liking it. Now I may have to get a size larger, but we'll see. Maybe I'll be more diligent with carrying less. Thanks for the tip with the apple cider vinegar. That stuff is delicious anyway, I'd have some just coz.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have one redeeming feature, I think, and it's my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks, Larie! I hear you on the shoulder pain as well!

    ReplyDelete
  29. MINT scallops indeed! They brighten everything!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥