On any other day, I would never think to post pictures of my pathetic sick face on the blog but:
1. I like how my hair looks here, and
2. I wanted to show off my new favorite jeans.
Yes, you heard right. I'm wearing jeans. And I actually like them. But that topic's for another time. For now I just want to let you know that being sick blows. I've been battling this cold+headache+cough combo for a couple days now, but I haven't been able to fully recover yet. And with my brain being all clogged with sick, I end up making some pretty awful decisions. Let me enlighten you with some of the ones I chose to make before noon today:
1. Getting up after only 5 measly hours of sleep.
2. Paying online bills on a Saturday when no customer service reps are available.
3. Not having breakfast only to feel faint 15 miles away from home in an area I know nothing about
4. For lunch, driving towards what I thought was an actual restaurant but was actually the corporate headquarters for the restaurant.
5. Visiting the (uber packed) post office on a Saturday morning
6. Visiting the (people spewing) bank on a Saturday morning, 45 minutes before they close.
7. Thinking I'd be able to get a quick, locally sourced lunch in an super hipster-popular spot at lunchtime
8. In desperation, (and 99% hunger mode) scarfing down Chinese food without any regard for the current state of my stomach and brain
All before noon, folks. But hey-- my hair looks pretty here, right?
I am now home, splayed on the couch, listening to records, blogging, and wishing my head wasn't pounding. I think I'll stay in and hopefully avoid making any more bad decisions. Maybe treat myself to some online shopping? My latest interweb purchase was definitely not a bad decision: