Before it gets too warm

So my DMV trip wasn't too bad! B and I headed on over there very early on Saturday morning, and we were out of there with my title and license after just about an hour! Surprise, surprise! We celebrated by trying out a new brunch place and exploring the Clayton area. The day was warm and sunshiney-- perfect for a stroll while peeking into shops!

These pictures are obviously not from the warm, snow-free weekend, but from a couple weeks back. It's hard to believe that the temps are finally rising, and Spring is in the horizon. As glad as I am to welcome the change, I feel as if I haven't worn my cold weather dresses enough. So I find myself repeating wearing a lot of my thicker clothes before it gets too warm. 

I've actually worn this dress a number of times this winter, but never got to document the outfits except for this particular one. I just had to show you how bright these tights look against all the grey!

dress: Banana Republic
booties: Steve Madden
belt: thrifted
specs: Glasses USA

18 comments:

  1. Radiant Orchid Tights!! :) LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the DMV went smoothly! And I love, love, love those awesome coloured tights!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming dress! looks like a must for cold times.
    and it's great that you have Spring now, not all of these snow around

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those tights! What a fun color! After the winter we've had, I personally am so ready for spring and definitely ready to hang up my winter clothes for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!! love the bright tights! i'm wearing the heck out of all my jackets while there's still a chill in the air!

    [oomph.]

    $600
    SPRING Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love those tights. They look great with that dress.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning doll, love the look x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great outfit, I need to get some cute ankle boots :)

    As you are leaving Winter, we are moving into it, boooo to cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the DMV went well! Glad you're wearing purple tights! Positive's all 'round :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. One hour = not bad! Right now I'm caught between wanting to wear my favorite winter things and waiting and wishing to wear my spring things with bare legs... I always eventually miss the pieces I have from the opposite season! I guess it's good that I live in a climate with four seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tights! What a great way to brighten up an outfit:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. those tights are supa cutes! have a great monday, laura.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those tights are awesome. Love your boots, too!

    Melanie @UnraveledThreads

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great dress and the tights look fabulous with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've missed your blog so much since I've been busy with work! I can't believe you were in clayton! I visit there all the time since my Dad is 2 blocks from it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this look, the dress is gorgeous with these tights, so pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it funny how we document our outfits, it helps me sometimes to figure out how I wore something ... I just scroll through my blog, haha. I love the dress, it looks very comfortable as well. :-)
    Take care,
    Madison xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely understand. I felt like I didn't get to wear any of my winter stuff enough last year. This year I'm really enjoying not having spring just yet and wearing that stuff as long as possible. Of course, our winter is a lot milder.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥