The stuff I miss

Since I started working full time about half a year ago, I've had to make lots of changes. My morning routine starts much earlier these days and is completely devoid of caffeine (until I get to my work desk, that is.) I no longer craft for hours on end, nor can I take cat naps multiple times a day. But one thing I really miss is not having the time to research recipes and experiment. 
As you already know, I love food. I love looking at food. I love trying new food. And I love making food. Chopping and prepping is fun for me, as is getting in there with my hands and dirtying numerous kitchen towels and aprons. But now, there simply is not enough time between cleaning, reading, blogging, and all that. But I'm still hoping that one day I'll be good enough at keeping on task and prioritizing so I can get back to devoting time to one of my favorite hobbies.
I found these pictures tucked away in my "blog about" folder, but it's been so long since I've made them that I really don't remember the ingredients (I'm awful at documenting recipes), but I do remember them being mighty tasty.  I'm posting them as a reminder to try and make time for more homemade deliciousness!
This beautiful and hearty stew would be perfect for a cold day like today. It's loaded with lots of carrots, butternut squash, peppers, and onions, all braised in a luscious Burgundy broth. 
A simple yet tasty crustless vegetable quiche is perfect for a light breakfast. Lots of fluffy eggs mixed with multi-colored mini tomatoes, fresh basil, and lots of goat cheese for creaminess. 
For dessert or a snack, I want to make this peel away bread again! It's chock full of warm, cinnamon and nutmeg goodness, topped with a warm, sugary maple sauce and chopped almonds. Yum.

19 comments:

  1. This all looks so good! I think you do need to find more time for kitchen experimentation ... but start documenting the ingredients and then tell me about them.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starving now...all of this looks really good. I love food...love love food :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me hungry!! I am not much for cooking - I prefer baking - but my hubby loves to cook and I love to eat it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel like i know what you're talking about, but my situation is the opposite! i actually quit my job 6 months ago and have been enjoying my time off (and the husband is so supportive, which i'm very thankful for). when i was working, i didn't have time for anything and i was always so tired and stressed out. now i read more, cook more, do more diys. i don't have plans on going back to work any time soon.. although sometimes i feel like we do need that second income.. but i want to enjoy my sanity for a bit longer. :) hope you find some time though to find recipes and cook once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, that quiche looks exquisite! All those tomatoes! I know what you mean - it's hard to balance all the things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hungry hungry hungry now. Here's to your kitchen filling up again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. waaaaaa all looks so yummy ^^

    恵美より ♥

    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that looks too yammy! love it!
    I wish I could prioritize better so I could cook at least sometimes to cover my hubby with that

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope that crustless quiche was a hit! It's absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUP. Balance is what we all strive for in some level, I guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good on you, Jane! I hope you're enjoying your free time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's an awesome pairing, Beth! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do too! Hope I get some free time to make more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha! Documentation is the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Guuuuurrrlll your pic inspired me so I made the closest version to it that I could yesterday. I used 8 eggs for 5 people and every single one of us went, "Is there more?" And every single one of us was disappointed when we realized there wasn't. Soooo yummy. Thank you for that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY!!!! I am so very happy you all were disappointed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man. I hear ya. I'm not doing well on the blogging front at all. I've got 2 half written posts sitting, ready to go. Why have I not finished and published them? I have no idea. Cuz I'm special? That's the best guess I have. :D

    Ok, that crustless vegetable quiche looks beyond nom nom. Guess what we're having for breakfast tomorrow. I hope you find the time to do the things you love again really soon.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥