Springtime in St. Louis

Springtime in St. Louis has been lovely, so far. We've had a few thunderstorms here and there, and some mornings are much colder than others, but the sun has been out most of the time, and I love being able to generally skip wearing a jacket or coat. AND I'm super excited for outdoor farmers' markets and fresh, local produce! 

And no, I don't look like this when I go to market. I usually save my "just rolled out of bed" look for that paired with my workout gear. I am sure the vendors and early yoga goers appreciate me taking the time to look put together. But if I'm gonna be up walking to the market that early on a Saturday, by golly am I gonna be as comfy as possible!

So let's talk about this outfit. Uhm. So. I may or may not be wearing everything from GAP. May. And all of a sudden, it's a throwback to that point in high school when I was obsessed with their Dream scent and all I wanted was to look like everyone else. (Inferiority complex, much?) But this time, I'm wearing GAP for comfort and because they're a great basics store. 

There, I was thrilled to find a simple cream cardigan, as cream isn't a color I normally wear. AND I was so glad to find thicker, more durable bodycon skirts cut in a much more work-appropriate length than those I usually snag from Forever 21. Hold on, am I conceding to being middle aged? WHAT?
everything from GAP
necklace: Forever 21
thick bangle: vintage
geometric bracelet: ASOS

24 comments:

  1. I was giggling out loud as I read this. And I'm with on GAP basics, they're always great for that.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL hahaha yup, you know you're getting older when you start buying skirt just a little bit longer! I love GAP, and Old Navy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Laura. I know. I bought some calf length skirts (which aren't necessarily flattering since I'm short), but there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUN <3 I'm a great fan of thunderstorms but we have them only in june-july, usually.
    I also tend to go for comfy clothes on weekends, well not always but pretty often.. and they don't end up in the blog ;D
    You look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's been rainy here...throwing off my weekend hiking plans!! i love farmer's markets, tho...can't wait to hit them up the next chance i get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visited GAP for the first time when I was in Japan earlier this month :-) Nothing wrong with an all-GAP outfit! I like the way you wear that belt. I need to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring has been lovely here too. I have been enjoying dining al fresco whenever possible. You look beautiful. I love your striped top and the belt you added.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rediscovered Gap when I was pregnant (their maternity line is great). I need to check out their non-maternity stuff. This outfit is great - love the red shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely doll, love stripes :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i was obsessed with the dream scent too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look lovely. stripes and red, very Taylor Swift! xo

    Yana from

    http://daisysuns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have only been to GAP I think twice in my life, but I have several items from them that I found at charity shops, that I love to wear. You look adorable Laura and above all comfy! Take care,
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to know you're on board with that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously! I now of a double take at the mirror when I'm wearing shorter skirts/dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh calf length! You are a brave soul! And I gotta see pics! I'm sure you rock them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, thunderstorm season is pretty scary here in the Midwest, but I guess I've gotten used to them:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah! Markets are the best! Hope you get time to visit some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks! Hope you got loads of pretty basics too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know! We've been al fresco-ing if the restaurant has the option!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good to hear! I do like having one place to go for pretty basics!

    ReplyDelete
  21. They sure are easy to pair with everything! Glad you've found lots at thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥