Achin'

cat dress: H&M
sweater: Marshall's
booties: Urban Outfitters
elephant necklace: J.Crew
As I type this post, I am wailing (on the inside) from my legs being all achy from walking all over downtown St. Louis. B and I thought  we'd take one of our anniversary days off from work to explore the city a little bit, which meant lots and lots (as in 7 miles according to my fitbit) of walking. And it was humid and hot. I felt like a dumpling right out of the steamer. And of course, the very next day, my body gave me a big F**k You in the form of aches and pains. I am (not so) secretly relishing the feeling.

But it's  back to work and work outfits for now. Don't worry! I'm still going to be posting all our other anniversary adventure pics soon-- the editing is just slowing me down. 
It's a little bit chilly in the office, so even if it's 80 outside, I'm still wearing sweaters and socks. Plus, when there are thunderstorm warnings, I make sure I have boots on so my feetsies don't get wet, because if there's one thing I hate, it's wet feet in sandals. Ugh. Makes me cringe.

As for my makeup, I've really been trying to incorporate brighter colors for warmer temp outfits. It's been so long since my Hot Topic makeup days where I wore lots of bright aqua or acid green, and my style has changed so much, so it's really a challenge. Which, duh, I accepted.  I tried wearing Jilted and Savage from UD's Electric Palette together for this look, but you really can't tell. It just looks like I have massive styes on both eyes. It's all good, though. All part of the learning process. I just have to try other color combinations.  
Aaaand just for good measure, I present to you this scrumptious black currant scone complete with jam and clotted cream. Just because it's the weekend.

28 comments:

  1. I hope all the aches and pains subside soon...that's the worst! Also, have I told you before how obsessed I am with that cat print? Kittens!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I hate when your body does that. I exercise, but still when I try something new I still get sore. It's amazing how your body reacts! I remember doing a 20 mile walk for cancer when I was 20 years old, and while doing it my friends and I felt fine. But HOLY WOW by that evening and the next day we were so sore! I think the pink shadow looks great on you! No styes lol! How is that UD palette? I've thought about getting it.You can use the shadows as hair chalk! I like that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely doll!! I hope your aches and pains get better!! You need an arnica bath, will sort you out quickly!! Neal's Yard does a product with it in there for the bath & I used it and felt like heaven, haha!! Have a great weekend doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous look and I think you're eyes turned out great. It's like a pink peach wash to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of your sweater - it is so cute with the skirt too! I'll be in St. Louis in just over a week from now - I can't wait to do my own exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of enjoy that post work out pain too :-) It's the best proof that you've worked hard! And therefore deserve a treat, lol :-) I love the knee high socks by the way, very cute. And you look good in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love your sweater! Hope the aches clear up soon. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, it does not look like massive styes you goober. Savage and Jilted are probably my two least favorite of the colors from that palette, though. Not on you, just in general. I live for Freak. Such a peacock-y amazing color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are mostly gone now, but it's back to working out again tomorrow! MORE PAIN! Dude, you need to get cat prints in your wardrobe! I'm not kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously! We walked for 4 hours straight, which was more than 7 miles, and my fitbit is lying!
    I really like this palette. Then again, I'm UD addicted. For me, their shadows are the best. These 2 shades are actually not my favorites. The blues and greens are GORGEOUS together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Kizzy! I just looked up arnica baths and they sound very soothing! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks, Sarah! I wish it looked pink peach-- it was just red and pink to me :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know! Treats are to be had afterwards! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Heather! I am feeling much better now, thanks! Hope you have a lovely long weekend ahead too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seriously cannot figure out what to do with these reds! IT'S SO HARD TO CREATE RED/PINK LOOKS! I love all the blues and greens! Peacock looks are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I usually match red with purples and pinks with… well probably purples. Everything goes with purple.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're so funny - styes. lol. Jeeez. You don't even! You look pretty. Can you pair Savage and Jilted with an electric purple or an emerald green shade? I feel ya on the achiness from walking. I blame the fitbit. I believe it messes with us on a subconscious level to a point we feel like we have to kill ourselves and prove we CAN make it do it's little celebratory dance for 10K steps. We can dang it! Come to think of it, the pinks would go nicely with a good brown as well. Or maybe a bronze. Gah! Now I wanna go play with my pink shadows lol. I don't even have anywhere to go. It'll all just be for me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a darling cat print! I am also loving the pale peachy knit too. We had to help my little sister move just on the weekend, so it's major aches and pains right now for me. I hope your weekend was a tad relaxing and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh this happened to me a while back where I ran errands with friends, then had to do more with my bf later on in the day. The back of my legs were on fire that night!! I had to take pain meds. Talk about feelin old, hah.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hair is looking marvelous, Laura, and I quite like the eye look! :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you were wearing good shoes for all that walking! (sorry if I sound like someone's mother). I am really digging your sweater. The cutouts kind of play off the print in your skirt, and I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That damn fitbit! ;) I haven't tried pairing the pinks with anything else, but I think brown would look cute! Now on my to-try list!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love finding hole in the wall places too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Seriously! I am sore for longer too. Getting older can be un-fun sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hahahah! I was wearing comfy shoes. I had to, since I knew we'd be walking around all day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. KITTY SKIRT !! I die >_<

    I love going exploring, especially when you find some fun new places

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥