Third Friday at Third Degree: Exotic

Last weekend, B and I celebrated 7 years of meowwage. We took most of this week off and planned to do, well, nothing at first, but then all these local event started popping up, and we had to take advantage. Our celebration started early last Friday when we headed to Third Friday at the Third Degree Glass Factory, which promised a night of food, drinks, bellydancing, fire dancers, and lots of awesome glass works.

Since we were heading there after work, I chose to wear something comfy yet still appropriate for work. I scored this top for a cool $10 at Urban Outfitters' recent sale. Sometimes, I'm surprised at the clothing I find there that I'm able to wear to work.  

I do want to point out that my hair is auto-ombreing. Maybe it's leftover bleaching from when I went green? I don't know, but I don't want it to go away! Do you know how to ombre at home?
The theme for the  night was "Exotic." There were kebabs, hummus and pita, Israeli couscous, tandoori chicken. We had the drink specials too which were Spiced Sangria with Rosemary and Dark and Stormy.  
We caught a bit of the fire dancing, which was so hypnotic! I could just watch people play with fire forever!
There was bellydancing and henna tattooing and live music, but B and I sat our asses down for almost the whole night to watch glassblowing demos. It was mesmerizing! We're planning on signing up for a class once the weather cools down!
After watching Mike (the guy making cool glass stuffs in the pic above) make a paperweight and sculptural bottle, B and I ambled around to see the displays and stuff for sale. Since we have 3 active cats, I don't want to buy anything to display and be a potential cat target. These were gorgeous, though, and so full of detail!
We had so much fun at Third Degree, we're definitely going back for next month's Third Friday event. And stay tuned for more Anniversary Adventures!

28 comments:

  1. I've always wanted ombre hair but have been too scared of the maintenance involved to actually take the plunge....I love that it's just of naturally happening for you!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary! and i love the ombre look! sometimes the best things happen to hair when you don't do anything to it. i once had these crazy waves that just happened after several months of coming off of bleaching it. i'm sure it was damaged for sure but even my stylist said that people couldn't get this look by getting a permanent wave or perm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! And that sounds like a super fun night!! Glass blowing is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried having a stylist do ombre on me and they butchered it, which is why I really wanna try doing it myself. I think ombre would look GORGEOUS on you! Are you thinking blonde?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, Jane! Seriously, I think when I leave my hair be, the cutest things happen to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you, Beth! I am so entranced with glass blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glass blowing is so memorizing to watch, it's always great to watch how they create things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys had tons of fun. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a lovely fun date! Happy anniversary! I love that you guys are taking pottery and going to do glass-blowing - make sure you keep posting pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so cool! Gosh, I need to get myself out to more local events. There's so much happening in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great event! Fire dancers are my favorite. We used to go to a local street fair all the time and they had amazing fire dancers; I love watching them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much fun! Happy Anniversary to you guys! That's so cool how your hair is getting lighter on the ends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo fire dancers. The glass is pretty but the fire dancing - holy moly. You look so pretty. I don't know how to do ombre stuff at home. :( Keep us up to date on how you decide to handle it. It's very pretty. (I swear I'm not as juvenile as the comment probably sounds. I blame it on the fact that it's the middle of the night and I haven't slept a lot. That's a thing right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so pretty! I recently had my hair stylist give me a subtle ombre look- she back combed my hair and put foils of bleach on the ends. It turned out exactly like what I wanted. Not sure how easy that would be to replicate at home, though! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look most awesome doll...Happy Anniversary :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those little vase things are amazing. I totally wish things like this happened near my house. And that Matt actually did fun things... haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know! I just sat there watching for almost 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Sarah! We did have oodles of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks, Larie! Will definitely be posting pics. You gots to post pics on your aerial acrobatics too! So intense!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are super fearless! I am so afraid of fire, but I want to try it just to see if I can do it! So the glass blowing will be my first step to more heat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really want to ombre my hair at home since GAH it's so expensive to get it done and also, stylists usually botch my hair when I get it done. I will totes keep you updated if and when I ombre my own hair. Hopefully, it's just my ends lightening up naturally, and I don't have to do any more work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks! Your hair looks so pretty! I don't know how I'll be able to do it at home. Hopefully I can find some blog posts/youtube videos on how to... I still haven't found a stylist who can do exactly what I want them to do with my hair :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. You just need to drag him out and GO, GO, GO! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on seven years of marriage!! It's awesome that you guys plan fun date nights like that - take advantage! I absolutely adore your top/necklace/glasses/hair combo. It's graphic, modern, it just WORKS. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks, Kat! We're trying to go out and take part in a lot of local activities so we get to learn more about what St. Louis can offer! and, of course, meet like minded people. :)

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥