Quiet Saturdays

It's been such a quiet Saturday in la casa de Worldly Delights. B and I did some chores this morning while airing out the house, since it's just flat out gorgeous outside (80 and no humidity!) I actually got some blog reading done and even managed a quick layout update since I've been itching for something a lot simpler and more in sync with my aesthetic. The previous scrapbooking style was just not doing it for me. I'm not even sure where the idea came from and why I stuck with it. Surprisingly, it took me a while to think of how I wanted to simplify my layout-- what to get rid of, how to position essentials, the ratios between spaces. I don't claim to be a graphic artist, and I always create layouts based on how I prefer to read blog posts. And I'm really happy about it this time. 

On our walk back from the farmer's market this morning, we passed by a yard sale that caught my eye since there were a bunch of really cute oxfords, booties, and hats displayed. The seller's shoes were way too big for me (and the hat too small), but I did walk away with the books below and a pretty swank Zara top. 
I've been reading a lot more, lately, which explains why I haven't been as frequent a blog poster or commenter. Instead of playing with my phone at work, I've been spending my lunch hours reading and writing about what I'm reading. I'm guessing my brain is craving the stimulation and conversations with books. 
I've also been on a huge t-shirt kick lately, wearing them to work when I feel like I don't have anything to wear. That's a downside of having a small closet, I suppose, or a dislike for summer and summer style clothing.
Star Wars tee: from B's closet
faux leather jacket: Blue Rivet
skirt: Marshall's 
chucks
necklace: gifted from Forever 21

17 comments:

  1. I love this style! I need to simplify my blog too. Getting tired of it! Love the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layout is awesome! And thanks for the bookspo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job on the layout, it's definitely simple but I think still so beautiful :) I've been meaning to get into reading and writing more but I think I've just been focusing on blogging that I forget to read a proper book.

    Phoebe | Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looks so cool and I love the skirt.
    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesom look doll & the books look fantastic!! I hope the week is lush for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that star wars t! my brother is a huge fan (hence how i was exposed to it) and he is super stoked that the former cast is returning for the new movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, you crazy flasher. I'm kind of meh about summer clothing coming, though I do have some decent dresses I picked up from City Chic when they did a crazy sale a month or so ago. I think I like your idea with the t-shirt and skirt, though. I have a similar skirt, so I guess I should dig out some t-shirts (maybe a couple less frumpy then the ones I wear with jeans)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it sounds liek you kept busy ... I want to read Ghost Wars! Your jacket looks really great on you as well, I love leather jackets, just cannot get enough! ;-) Enjoy the weekend.
    /Madison
    Belgian Designer Spotlight

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I actually haven't started on that yet, as I am deeply immersed in reading about Emily Dickinson's weird ass familia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Phoebe. It's hard to find that balance, but I keep on pushing so I can do bits of all the stuffs I want to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Kizzy! Hope yours is a good week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am excited for the new movie, though I'm not that huge of a fan. This is B's tee that I shrunk in the wash (accidentally, I swear! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I flash like it's no thang. ;) You know, I haven't been living in dresses as I usually do, and part of le problem is not having any comfy and cool dresses that are work appropriate! NEEDS TO FIND SOME.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Madison! I got Ghost Wars for B, but I wanna read it too!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥