That damn color

A huge reason why I cut my hair was because I hated having to style it every morning. And if you know me, you know that I absolutely detest combing my hair. So yeah, getting rid of as much length really contributed to easing my morning routine, but I sometimes get bored with my plain-o straight hair and decide to take a little bit of effort and curl 'em locks. 

I use my trusty HANA 1.5 inch straightener (review here) and same method I used here to get this messy, loose curled look, but started much closer to my scalp instead of halfway down. I don't know about you, but I like how straightener curls come out vs curling iron curls. I think straightener curls look less intentional and less fussy! 
So.. Remember when I mentioned loving orange so much that I ended up buying a whole bunch of orange things? Well, I'm wearing 2 of those indulgences in this here outfit. I never thought I'd ever like wearing orange, probably because when I was living in Illinois, one of the school colors was orange, and it was ubiquitous. But it's hard not to like that damn color.  
top: Juicy Couture
bodycon: GAP
wedges: Franco Sarto
necklace: gifted, Forever 21
bracelet: gifted

20 comments:

  1. Love the orange sandals and top, and your hair looks great. I need to get on a hair cut asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just purchased a curling iron to get some curls that i've been wanting to have! :) love your locks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new hair! You styled it so effortlessly chic here.
    And what a beautiful red against your creamy complexion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous doll & I am with you...I detest combing my hair...but someone's got to do it ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you believe that I curl my hair everyday (I have the limpest, finest hair in the league and need the body) and have tried to curl it with my straightener? But, after reading this, today's the day - seriously, I'm going to follow your method and give it a try!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hair! It's just so thick and shiny and amazing! And you look great in orange! I don't think I have any orange shirts.... hmmmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's red enough that you wouldn't be confused for a supporter of collegiate athletics ;) It's a great shade on you! And your hair is looking GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to see, Jane! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha, true! I begrudgingly do it everyday, like a responsible adult!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gurl, you do what you gots to do, right? I mean I hate combing, and I still gotta comb. And truthfully, more days than not, I end up running my straightener along the ends of my hair so I don't look to puffy. Hope my tutorial helps! I had to practice a few times, but now it only takes me 10 mins tops to curl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww thanks, Tracy! That's exactly how I felt when I assessed my wardrobe. No orange ?That's gotta change!

    ReplyDelete
  12. True! But the hue of my sandals comes close to that pumpkin orange.... Thanks, Larie! I am now seriously addicted to short hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the curls, plus the beautiful shirt and necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This colour looks incredible, I love how vibrant it is, especially paired with the aqua in your necklace. Your hair is cute too. I recently was a test for my friend in hair school, he dyed it a bit blue-green streak in the front ... will show soon. :) Have a great rest of the week, Laura.
    http://fashiontalesblog.com
    /Madison

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Vermilion" has been one of my favorite words for years :) I cut my hair for the same reason, but now I'm jealous of your bouncy curls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you, Madison! I cannot wait to see your streak! I miss having colored hair sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. And the beauty of it is that hair grows, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥