Baida

dress: Old Navy 
sandals: Target

More pictures from the queue. These are still from my anniversary celebration from a couple months back. On the actual day of our wedding anniversary, B and I lounged around then capped the day with dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Baida. OK, mostly it's Ben's favorite restaurant, but I'll eat anything. We started with Shrimp Pil Pil appetizer and shared 2 entrees: the Moroccan Mixed Grill and Vegetable M'Hammer. 

We arrived at the restaurant when the sun was barely grazing the horizon with enough light to snap an outfit photo. This dress. It's not a particular favorite, but I felt like wearing it for this day, even though I'd worn it two years back to celebrate our anniversary. It was a hot day which warranted the most minimal attire (hence the makeup-less face and freshly showered hair), but I still wanted to look dressed up. I suppose this dress fits the bill, and I won't fight with it. 
It was dark when we left the restaurant, bellies full. As we walked to our car, we passed by this pretty courtyard. St. Louis is filled with brick houses and gorgeous architectural details, and even though this particular area isn't new to us, I always find something interesting that steals my attention.

18 comments:

  1. How is that dress not a particular favourite? It's so pretty! As is that courtyard - I love coming across neat little urban spaces like that.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we walked to our car, we passed by this pretty courtyard. St. Louis is filled with brick houses and gorgeous architectural details, and even though this particular area isn't new to us, I always find something interesting that steals my attention. http://moourl.com/nymqz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress, yummy food too, feel hungry now ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! The food looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty dress. i love flower prints! and that courtyard picture is gorgeous. i love how the golden lights came out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is so pretty! And from Old Navy too! I love their stuff.
    YUMMM. You guys pick the best foods to eat at restaurants. Some day I want to eat out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuuum! Happy anniversary, Laura! :D Hopefully we can find a restaurant here as well to celebrate in October!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummo! The food sounds (and looks amazing!). Happy anniversary! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, oh I don't know-- it's just not something I think about wearing a lot or want to wear. But it turns out, it's a great anniversary dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Heather! The food was super delish :) Especially the shrimp pilpil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My wish is to have a house with a courtyard :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please please do! I'll show you all the good eats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How are you guys settling in? I see you've found some good Mexican, but what else?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I looked that lovely with such minimal effort! Just a lovely outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. delicious food! it's a whole new world after dark!! i love places with charm and character....

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures! The food looks amazing ♥

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥