Even More Pants-ing

I am thrilled to the gills that ya'll liked my "hideous pants." I find myself pants-ing a lot these days, so I'm sure you'll be seeing them (and all my other pairs) much more often. Though I loved lounging in those loose gauchos, I really like how skinny jeans look on me. I wish I could rock colored skinnies to warrant adding them to my wardrobe, but in my book, black is still best. 

Speaking of jeans, I spent a lot of time over the long weekend weeding through my closet and ended up giving away 4 pairs of jeans I haven't worn in the past year. Apparently, I was a fan of super flared, sandblasted, extra-whiskered denim at some point. Um, yeah. But the best part is that all of them were too big for me! 
Fellow Americans, how did you celebrate your independence? B and I ended up lounging most of the 4th and making a totally made from scratch dinner to share. B whipped up some homemade pasta, sauce, and meatballs, and I made some vanilla wafers banana pudding for dessert. Then we spent Saturday browsing antique stores for a dresser and some decor. Sunday was filled with slow-paced errand running and cooking lunches and dinners for this coming week. Yeah, we're uber low key like that.    

Joker tee: Hot Topic
jeans: H&M
blazer: Target
chaing necklace: gifted, Forever 21
cuff: vintage
chucks

20 comments:

  1. You look awesome, love the top and jacket too :))) Marvellous, hot look :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pants you're rocking lately - they look killer on you! And isn't it awesome when you have to part with things because they're too big? Usually it's the other way around for me!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo to giving away too big pants! Good for you! I like your jacket here a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for giving away pants that are too big! I find it hard to wear black jeans, myself, though I do like dark washes (and light washes, too, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you had a great 4th of July Laura! We don't really celebrate it here in Panama, so I didn't do anything too special, hehe. I really love this outfit on you btw! I would have never thought of pairing that tee with the striped blazer, but it toooootally works!


    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i seriously love you in pants! we spent the weekend near the beach...ate a lot! fairly low key, too! your weekend sounded nice...i love all these noms you guys just "whip up"!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am big on occasional closet-weedings. Sometimes it is hard because you find yourself attached to something, but the chance is that you're not gonna miss it if you haven't worn that piece for a while. (A hard lesson learned for me. ;p)
    I like this outfit a lot. Your hair, the jacket and those pants! - Everything works so nicely together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray pants! I enjoy seeing people style pants in cute ways so you keep on wearing yours if you want! I really love your striped blazer here and your hair is looking super pretty.
    My 4th of July was spent eating and then sitting around the house. So it wasn't particularly exciting, but that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your hair all the danged time! This outfit is totes up my alley. I know we've spoken about it before but my life keeps putting me in leggings or yoga pants because of what I have to do everyday. Total schlub land over here. We celebrated the 4th by making pulled pork so our kids don't forget where they come from. It was a good ol' fashioned bar-b-que'ish meal. nommy. Congrats on all the pants being too big for you. That's awesome! I'm trying so hard but not making a lot (read "any" there) of head way with it. Gosh, I really love this outfit and that's kind of crazy because I hate stripes! Really well done Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks! I am shmeriously loving pants these days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks, Tracy! AND Woohoo indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE a good dark wash! I actually have one pair of "old" jeans that I'm keeping-- it's a dark wash and is super stretchy which is why it still fits me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks, Becks! A weekend by the beach sounds wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I know what you mean! I am getting a lot better at not being attached, though I still have a few pieces I stubbornly cling to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha thanks, Jamie! Dude, eating and lounging about sounds like the best way to spend a holiday to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Rachel! That's so nice that you still keep up with celebrating them 'Murican holidays ;) And pulled pork sounds so delish right now. I'd top that on some nachos. ;) And dude, I am sure you look killer in leggings and yoga pants!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every time I buy jeans Matt tells me to get lighter ones and I haaaaaaaaate light denim. Like I want to burn it all. Why do such things exist?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've burned all my light colored jeans. OK I didn't really burn them, but it my mind I did.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥