Not A Dancer

striped top: Banana Republic
cardigan: GAP
skater skirt: H&M
booties: thrifted, Munro

There have been lots of "mild weather" periods lately (sandwiched, unfortunately between unbearable days of muggy heat) so my knee highs still make an appearance here and there. I've also been able to pull out some booties, giving my few pairs of sandals a little bit of a break. Speaking of shoes, check out the newest addition to my closet:
One of my summer goals was to take a class. I didn't expect to take a fitness class, much less a dance class since I am very graceless and uncoordinated. But I did! I took a 4-week ballet session and was amazed at how much I still could remember from my classes when I was a kid. I loved doing the barre moves and struggled through coordinating my arms with my legs during center stage exercises. But it was a lot of fun and a very satisfying workout. 

Since I really am not interested in performing or even learning how to dance, I most likely won't take any more ballet classes. However, I'm thinking about doing barre workouts at home. Have any of you tried it? Do you have any suggestions for specific titles?

15 comments:

  1. I've always thought about taking a ballet class (it's awesome that you signed up!). And I seriously love that skirt....H&M hey?

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! if you follow up on the barre workouts please share more on the blog! would love to know more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never did formal dance classes as a kid, but I love aerial arts and the kind of dance and movement that come with that. I have thought about Pure Barre and those kinds of workouts! If you try one, let me know! Or if you figure out a way to do them at home, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of Pure Barre, but never tried it! It's supposed to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely not a dancer but I wouldn't be opposed to a Pure Barre type class. It seems like it'd help with flexibility which I have none of.


    Anyway, I'm loving your knee high socks and wishing it wasn't ten billion degrees here so I could wear some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUP! I've been on a huge H&M trip lately and keep on finding stuff that I really like. Better quality than F21 too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will do, Jane! I really would like to keep them part of my routine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll let you know, for sure! I have always wanted to get into yoga, but never could keep serious enough about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your aerial photos! I wish I was graceful because I'd always wanted to be a ballet dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It definitely helps with flexibility! hope you get to try it soon :) And yes, socks! I wish it was cool enough again to wear them-- I love knee highs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. while i danced street jazz and hip hop for many years, i never touched ballet, lol...so can't help you with that. BUT, i would be interested in barre exercises as well because i could definitely use some help with flexibility!

    [oomph.]

    $300 J.Crew Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to hear that you signed up for classes. I love to dance! I've never taken ballet classes but my sister was in ballet when we were younger, I was more into gymnastics and Lacrosse.
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your blog via Petite Panoply, so glad I did! I love your knee highs, where do you get yours from? I usually go for Sock Dreams. My friend does barre workouts at home and she really enjoys them, I'd definitely recommend it !

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥