These hideous pants

Clearly, when I got dressed I thought blue went with more blue, and I called it a day.  Hey, I went a-pants shopping, and I snagged me a few pairs, including this hideously gorgeous number (as in, I cannot help but love it and hate myself for loving it). It wears like a jammie, but makes me feel like I'm on a cruise ship. Or perhaps in the grasslands of Patagonia, but without the hat and kerchief. I thought I'd sworn off the loose leg, especially when those fold over waist, hip-sitting, knit "gaucho" pants came back on trend some years back. Turns out, I'm a liar.  

BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT!
I am actually quite surprised that no one thought to send me home for coming to work dressed in my pyjamas. Because believe me-- I was so comfy. That combined with the A/C problems at work had me semi-dozing come 3:00 pm. 
top: J.Crew 
pants: H&M
sandals: Target
necklace: from the Ren Faire

19 comments:

  1. They do look comfy...so cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so comfy and I love that color blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those pants are pretty rad (and they look crazy comfy). You can just tell me you're being avant garde if anyone gets critical. I seriously think they're pretty amazing though....

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comfy pants are where it's AT. My jeans are too big on me, but I still like wearing them because they're so comfy LOL.
    I bought a pair of pyjama pants and haven't figured out what to wear with them to not look like I'm wearing my PJs out. Mine are elasticized though, I think that's the problem. These are better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA, at first glance, I was just about to say to myself, "hey they look like gauchos," haha, then read your post. I like your navy top and the necklace is lovely, almost reminds me of Mulberry ... been swooning over a particular Mulberry bag this week!
    Inspiring Summer Playlist

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as they're comfy, you can't go wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this look for you. i'm a huge fan of wide legs. the comfy factor is an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of love those pants, they look super cute with the sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES. Well played. My little secret is anything sweatpants material in a tailored shape, like blazers or pencil skirts. If you find a way to incorporate a pillow into your outfits to make a lunchtime nap a reality, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks, Beth! I can't help but love this shade of blue too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what? I'm increasingly adding more comfort items to my wardrobe these days! Especially my pants!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being avant garde? I LIKE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Truth! These pants are actually elasticized! The elastic doesn't have too much give though and is super thick, so maybe that's what gives it more "structure"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I'M curious and will be online shopping for Mulberry stuffs! :) Thanks, Madison!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your secret is totally becoming my secret too! Maybe I can find a way to turn my purse into a pillow?

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥