ThredUp

Since moving to St. Louis, I haven't had the chance to go thrifting a lot. I was so eager to find new shops, especially since we were moving to a bigger city, but haven't had any luck finding ones that actually had a reliably good stock. And I know that that is the point of thrifting-- to find the gem among the "non-gems," but I've been spoiled by the manicured small town thrift stores filled with vintage treasures. So I was really happy when I stumbled upon ThredUp a couple weeks ago. Just to be clear, I am not being sponsored by ThredUp, and I purchased all the items below with my own money.
Part of the account sign up process were answering questions pertaining to your style preferences. Then they take you to a "collection" page based on how you answered your questions. Apparently, I fall under the "Edgy" category, boasting brands like BCBG, All Saints, and Topshop, mostly used but for over 70% their original price. I was intrigued, plus they had a promo for 40% off my first purchase, so I took the plunge. 
I ordered 8 pieces of clothing for a grand total of $51.25 shipped free. One item was dirty, so they didn't send it to me and refunded me the difference. It was such a shame because I was really looking forward to getting that dress! :( I also wish they had told me via email that I wasn't going to get the dress so I wouldn't have been surprised not to see it in my order. The refund put my total below the free shipping range, but they sent it for free anyway, which was very nice!
My polka dotted box came in a little over a week later, and my order was neatly folded and wrapped in tissue on the inside.
Here are my goodies! The leftmost one is a lace top from Appleseed's that's blending inconspiciously with my bedding. Next to it is a dress from Loft and a mesh top from Sweet Pea. I got a Simply Vera Wang top and Mossimo peplum skirt as well as a lavander and lace Sparkle and Fade top. The last one on the right is a purple peplum top from Mossimo. 
All the items were very clean and have these cute tags pinned on them. I was thrilled that none of them, though used, were faded or worn, and I had a couple of items that still had the tags attached to them! All of them, thankfully, fit too.  Returning is the one part of online shopping that I hate, so I'm glad I don't have to go through that!
If you're interested in giving ThredUp a try, follow this link to get $20 off of your order! I'm looking forward to shopping them again when the Fall hits. If you do try it out, let me know what you think!

20 comments:

  1. I signed up for ThredUp but haven't actually used it yet...clearly I need to though because it sounds like you found some amazing things!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never heard of thredup. totally checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ThredUp! I discovered it when I was pregnant last summer and got some maternity stuff from them which was awesome! I have successfully sold a few things too, though I know some people have had less good luck with that. Overall I think it's a great service though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cool idea, and I might have to try it out. Also, you're kitty is adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea! Wish there was something like this here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about this and think it sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried ThredUp yet; I think because my thrift stores are so good and buying stuff online is usually less good. But, maybe I'll give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DAMMIT! Thanks for a new obsession. I love the idea of thrifting from the laziness of my home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is a really cool idea! I'm not much for thrifting, but it's nice to see something like this take off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohz noze! I'm scared. I've been suppressing a shopping binge all week long. Is this going to be the pièce de résistance?? Yep. It is. Now, please excuse me while I go throw myself down the rabbit hole of their link. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks awesome,very cool idea :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to comb through lots, but I did get some awesome things. Hope you get to find some stuff for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! I'm glad you got to get maternity stuff on the cheap through them and that you've actually sold stuff! I think it's a hit or miss, and though I've been browsing pretty frequently, I haven't found anything to buy since my first purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  14. NO SHITZ, man. You always have the BEST thrifted finds!!! I wish my neck of the woods had awesome thrift places!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha-- i know, right? I mean, shopping is a pretty lazy thing to do, I think, but online? Shoot. I may never leave my house!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know! So many cool business ideas everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOH I hope I didn't break your resolve!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to check this out, but am nervous it won't be for my size. I feel like i get excited for so many things and then my size is not an option.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥