Tiny Donuts

Happy Monday! Gosh, these summer days are going by swiftly. I really don't mind, especially since we've been experiencing relatively chilly temps lately. How was your weekend? I started it off with a trip to The Bookhouse, picking up Spook by Mary Roach and The Clocks by Agatha Christie to add to my to-read queue. Then when I got home on Friday, I found this waiting for me at my doorstep:
Apart from cozy food mysteries, I fell in deep sucker-itude for the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. I remember picking up the first book a couple years on my trip to Alaska, and never you mind how cheesy and melodramatic it was, I devoured it all. I surprised myself by pre-ordering this last book of the series despite my incessant eye-rolling at the second book which involved the vampire+witch main characters traveling back to Elizabethan Europe. Yeah, you'd think I'd be all over that. In fact, that's when I wanted to gouge my eyes out from the rolling. But yes, despite all that, I got the last book for... closure. And because sometimes I really just want to read brain candy.
Saturday was spent reading and writing letters as well as catching up on comics and blogs. My very dear friend M sent me the most beautiful card above, encapsulating our lovely friendship. Tiny Donuts, indeed. I find myself feeling a bit glum lately, especially because I miss having M around to bother for impromptu pastry/tea/lunch runs or for movie dates or game night. But I'm hoping we get to travel to visit her and her husband soon!
A new addition to my closet is this butter yellow high-low sweater that I got on sale at  Urban Outfitters. It's really surprising how work-appropriate the sweater is, given it's from UO. I thought I'd profesh it up by pairing it with this faux leather hemmed skirt that I found at Marshall's a few months ago. Some faux leather booties to bring it all together, and voila, I'm "business casual," yes?
yellow sweater: Urban Outfitters
skirt: Marshall's
tights: HUE
booties: Steve Madden
necklace: gifted, Forever 21

14 comments:

  1. Firstly, I love everything about your outfit (those shoe are crazy awesome). And I could never get into the Harkness series....I thought I would be really into it (I love her academic work), but no.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try to get into the series again. I started the first book, but gave up haha. Maybe I'll be in the mood for it now. Love the outfit as always! Has it been cool enough to wear sweaters there? It's been so hot here. I can't wait for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look on you. You're actually making me long for fall! And, not for nothing, but I had the most delicious tiny donuts at the music festival I was at this weekend. So, yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, the "tiny donuts" card is quite adorable. And, a big Agatha Christie fan over here, since I was a little girl, so that gets a win for me! :) The yellow top is so cute as well.
    /Madison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Oh dude, I totes understand. I mean this series is just bonkers and so ridiculous. I didn't know she did academic work though. I have to go search for that now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Tracy! It was down to the 60s a couple days back ,but now it's back to the high 80s again :( i can't wait for fall either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, G!!! I want some tiny donuts now that you mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it super cute? I am excited to read Christie and join the fanclub!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agatha Christie is amazing! And I love the yellow top so much :) I actually can't believe how versatile it is, despite being from UO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look splendid, love this look. I miss tops like this and tights too, it's too muggy for them, I kind of can't wait to get back to them, though I won't want the rain that comes with it, so I'll enjoy the sunshine for now. Will have to look into these books as well, as they sound interesting :)) I hope you have a great week doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am excited to get reading The Clocks! And yeah, I'm very surprised at this yellow sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's too muggy for them here now as well :( But it's all OK! Fall will be here soon! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm convinced almost any item can be made work-appropriate if everything else is super profesh. I love how you've paired it here. That skirt is awesome. Come spring you could maybe do a nautical theme wearing it under a blazer? The cutouts remind me of sailboats!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥